Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About the Weather

Let me tell ya about deer resistant flowers. They go FIRST!

Over the weekend 6 inches of rain is expected. Of course they are calling for rain now through next Thursday so that 6 inches don't count Monday-Thursday. Then again the sun is shinning right now, weatherman said no sun today. Wonder what would have happened ifen I had a job where wrong most of the time and still get paid. Then again they pay me to never show up for work. BIG SMILLEY FACE!

Here in oHIo our temps have been like a roller coaster, up one day and down the next. Was 37° yesterday morning got up to about 56°, it's Sat now and almost 4pm and only got to 45°. So tomorrow they call for 70°, on Sun Easter 57°, Mon 68° and 70° on Tues, with RAIN for the next 10 days......But here we say April showere bring May flowers, but I'm using my scrap wood to build myself an ark.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    Here in oHIo our temps have been like a roller coaster, up one day and down the next. Was 37° yesterday morning got up to about 56°, it's Sat now and almost 4pm and only got to 45°. So tomorrow they call for 70°, on Sun Easter 57°, Mon 68° and 70° on Tues, with RAIN for the next 10 days......But here we say April showere bring May flowers, but I'm using my scrap wood to build myself an ark.
    CJ
    Here is what CJ is talking about!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weather.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	43898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wEATHER2.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	43899
    Last edited by DocWheeler; 04-22-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Hey, CarverJerry. You get that ark built float it over here to Indiana and pick me up! I don't think the rain will ever end. Funny part is my neighbor just got done digging a new hole to expand his house. Every single day since it was dug it's rained. Every single darn day! I talked to him 2 days ago and he says he's thinking about seeing if they will change his building permit so he can turn it into an in ground pool. Any one need a good supply of mud, he's got ya covered.

I’ll go along with you guys, -- Years ago we had Four Seasons, the two main ones were Summer when it was “Hot” and Winter when it was “Cold” but now with all their newfangledelectronic weather forecasting equipment and graphs to work with --- every time I hear or see someone announce that according to Doppler Radar, the weather will be ---- I know it’s every man for himself time ----- and I’m going to end up having to Shovel 18” of “Light Snow Flurries
    or dig out my hip boots to make a trip to the mail box in front of our house ----- because the Doppler Radar’s forcast call for partly cloudy,
    with the chance of a “Deluge” by this afternoon. --- Sometimes Ya just can’t win for loosing!
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

At least some of you guys are carving. Here in No. Utah it got down to freezing again last night. The inside of my garage hasn't seen a 55° or higher temperature in 5 months. Oh, and we only have two seasons here - winter and construction. Man I hate those orange cones!

Thought I would update this thread. I live about 20 miles south of Joplin, Missouri, and do most of my work there. Many have lost their lives there and many more may. If you will say a pray for those that have lost everything, and for those that have passed on.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Acording to the news , 117 dead over 1000 injured. Tornado 3/4 mile wide , 7 miles long, on the ground less than 9 minutes.
    They said they found x-rays and medical records 70 miles away from hospital. I'm 160 miles North.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Sending prayers out to Joplin MO and the many other areas affected last Sunday.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

To our friends in Oklahoma (badger) and others, be safe from the storms.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast