Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About the Weather

NE Ohio and its raining like cats & dogs with lightning and thunder, glad the day is about over and our cook out went as planned for Fathers Day
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Default SW Ohio last evening

Direct hit by one of the smaller branches we lost.
    Branch - 1: Bird Feeder - 0.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BirdFeeder.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	228.0 KB 
ID:	45807
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Sounds a bit like the winds and rain we got around here late night.
    Just South of us, there's 44,000 still waiting for power to be restored.

85 to 90 Degrees plus about 1000% Humidity -- no Power Equals no A/C
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

We will take the rain here. Have had to pull my horses into the barn lot and start feeding hay. We are too dry, and my pasture is shot, will be next year before it will support my horses again. As to power, we have been hitting 100+ Monday was 106, so AC yea we need the power on, but will take the rain.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

About 5,000 without power all around me after those storms yesterday. Mine never so much as blinked! Still hot, though. Son lives right across the street, and his power was out all day yesterday. So he comes over to 'visit' with dad for a while. Funny how that doesn't happen much. Hint: I put in central air two years ago.... Hmm....

100 right now. Hit 105 yesterday and they said our heat index was 115. Been working outside all day, cleaning air filter on unit, clean arearator shaft on septic, started generator(run it 3 x a year when I do above) and clean small referagerator. Drag that outside, turn on hose and defrost. Wife had dr's appointment at 1pm, went out and car no start. Took her in truck and looks like battery deader than door nail. Getting ready ta go outside fer that one. Was wanting to tear down the carvewright for maintaince today. Don't know about that one dang it. Sure hot in the sun fer sure!

Several states have 100+ temps but what a lot of people don't realize is that here in Missouri we also have over 90 % humidity. Yesterday was close to 100, thunder storms last night, 85-90 today.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

(((((( 112 ))))) in arkansas today, makes ya wana move to alaska or somthing. to damn hot!!!!!
    Start U Member

The thing about Southern California is that it cools down at night. I grew up in Rhode Island until I enlisted in the AF in 1957, and I remember the hot humid nights. I live inland in Riverside County and have a whole house "Swamp Cooler" because our humidity stays mostly low. Shortly after the sun goes down we open windows and turn the cooler thermostat up. Checking my indoor/outdoor weather station, it never gets over 81 in here even if it is 112 outside (and not 112 this hear so far) and the outside temp drop to the low 70s or high S at night. But, finding good wood is a real problem here - only a handful of places. The closest for me is about 50 miles for hard woods, and Home Depot for pine and cedar (out door signs) is 13 miles. You can't have everything.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

108 in West Tennessee today. I was working outside yesterday evening and jumped in the pool to cool off. I gasped when I hit the water.. It was WAY TOO HOT.. 96 in the water!! I was poached..
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast