Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fair value of a used/broken unit

Thanks Everyone! I had a long reply typed to Michael but the forum kicked me off and I lost it all. Is there now a time limit on being logged in?

Obviously I have a LOT of catching up just to be a newbie again...LOL
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

No real time limit Chris, it happens to me every ones and a while,
    most often when I forget to check the little box when I sign-in.
    I've gotten into the habit of typing my long posts in MS Word
    and then pasting them into my posts ---- I've been known to
    accidentlly delete my thoughts before I finish typing them.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Good to see you back
    ck in when you can.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Hi ChrisAB, Keep on trucking!

I just got a Classic A model with all the old stock parts 60 hrs a fair price would be 500 to 750 I would think. I recommend that new users for sure get a new C unit!

That's a good idea Ken. Had I known I'd get kicked off I would have.
    I will as I can Old Salt.
    Brandon, I will until I have my trading account built large enough to live from. Then it's back to making saw dust! I told AL a while back I was going to sell the rest of my woodworking tools including the CW. But I just can't bring myself to doing that. Building and woodworking is my life's PASSION and one I just won't give up on. So driving is really just a means to an end for me.

It's funny, I used to look at all the places you all are from and thought, "man, that's so far away I'll never meet anyone in person". Now, after having driven all over this country many times, suddenly it's all put in perspective. I mean I can make it from the East coast to the West coast in just a couple days. And that's in a BIG truck! LOL A car or bike would be much faster.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Hey Chris glad you stuck your nose in! BEEN A LONG TIME!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    ... It is better they sell the machine and take the $1500. lesson.
    $500.00 is a good price for a broken machine.

AL
    From what I have been reading, I can see that one needs to read the manual and learn as much as they can about their machine. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    WOW! This forum has changed SO MUCH it's hard for an old woodworker to find a place to say hello...LOL Hello everyone! I sure hope you're all making lots of sawdust and many neat projects! I miss you all very much and miss carving as well. But I have a couple days home time so I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a very Happy Easter! God bless!
    Don't know what to tell ya, I didn't think I was that old but have a Happy Easter too and God bless !

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    It's funny, I used to look at all the places you all are from and thought, "man, that's so far away I'll never meet anyone in person". Now, after having driven all over this country many times, suddenly it's all put in perspective. I mean I can make it from the East coast to the West coast in just a couple days. And that's in a BIG truck! LOL A car or bike would be much faster.
    Chris if you ever get to Washington state give me a call. My number is on my web page.

Looks like a Road Trip in my direction today.... I just got my Graphtec Plotter up and running.... Had to load the software on this backup computer and add a few fonts... Going to make a little reflective Art for Chris's Rig in the morning....

Shop is still A MESS.... Well at least when I finally clean it, he will notice the difference... LOL....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Hey Chris glad you stuck your nose in! BEEN A LONG TIME!
    FW Buudy!! Really good to see you all here. Yep, since last June or so I think?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Chris if you ever get to Washington state give me a call. My number is on my web page.
    Terry my friend, how ya been been? I get there at least once a month. We have terminals in both Vacouver and Lakewood. I'll call for sure when I'm a couple days out.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Looks like a Road Trip in my direction today.... I just got my Graphtec Plotter up and running.... Had to load the software on this backup computer and add a few fonts... Going to make a little reflective Art for Chris's Rig in the morning....Shop is still A MESS.... Well at least when I finally clean it, he will notice the difference... LOL....AL
    Easy there big fella. I have NO intention of making (or seeing) you work my brother. I just want to see a good friend after such a long time. I also know you're screaming busy with projects so you just focus on them. There's PLENTY of time to do the lettering and I haven't even decided the "look" yet.... LOL As far as your shop? Don't worry about anything on my account buddy. You know me, "a messy shop is a busy shop" and that's a GREAT thing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by cntbill View Post
    Don't know what to tell ya, I didn't think I was that old but have a Happy Easter too and God bless !
    I'm SOOOOO sorry to have highjacked your thread here sir. My deepest apologies and thanks for your understanding. Something I suggested a LONG time ago was a general BS section where folks could just hang out for things like this.

If I may, reading the manual is a great start but this forum is the place to get "all" the info you'll need to be a well informed and thus happy CW owner/user. Best wishes to you!
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast