Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fair value of a used/broken unit

Welcome back to the Forum Chris and a Happy Easter. We've missed your humor and wise counsel in all the Threads. You were among the first to welcome me here as a complete Newbie so it's nice to be able to welcome you back.

Hang onto your wood working tools if at all possible. They will always prove to be wise investments, worth far more than their original price and like trusted old friends you already know all about them and how they work. There were times moving around the world when I gave up other household goods for their weight against my allowance and the tools moved with me. Having them here now in my final shop is like a circle of close friends. Be safe on the road Sir!
    Last edited by Capt Bruce; 04-23-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Captain sir!! So good to hear from you and thank you so much for the very kind words. I remember when you first started posting here and the fun we had learning and sharing. I run loads to Stone Mountain and if you PM me with your number, perhaps I can let you know when I do and just maybe, we can meet up for a cup of coffee or something. That goes for everyone else too if you wish. Shoot me a PM with your phone numbers and as I run around America, maybe we can meet up. It would be my pleasure to meet the folks I've met in this wonderful community we have here. Many of who I already consider friends and family.

I spent this afternoon with AL. We went to lunch and just sat and talked for hours. I can't tell you how great it was to spend some time with my buddy or how happy I am that all his hard work and dedication is starting to take shape and pay off.

I won't sell the rest of my tools. I just can't. I already sold my 4x4 and some of my tools to put myself through CDL school last June. Like you said, they are like my close friends and God willing, I'll be able to use them again one day.

To everyone, Thank you so much for the warm welcome home and the very kind words. It's really a touch overwhelming to me. I'll be headed back OTR Monday night/Tuesday morning and as usual, I'll be out there for a few months. Time and internet access is limited while out but I'll do my best to pop in from time to time and be a PAIN....LOL

Happy Easter and God Bless You All.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Chris, Great Day to take the Hog for a Ride Chris..... Sunny and Warm....

Got a PM from a member this morning showing a CL sale of a machine for $500.00 with lots of extras.... in VA. And about 50 hours on it... Now that is a GOOD DEAL....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Just an update.

Got the one mentioned in my 1st post, seems the ebay buyer never paid for it so the guy let me have it for $180. Flashed the card, cleaned and lubed it up, had some minor issues Z Axis, but resolved them by using this forum and an email from support. CW support reset the machine licensing for me in less then 15 minutes! Now all I need is some bits, the one 1/8 that came with the unit the tip was broken off, I ground it flush good enough for checking the machine out but carves are a bit rough. So I can't really complain much for what I paid.

bill, hope everything works out! I got mine about the same way and things were a little less than perfect. Don't know if it was driver error or machine at the start, but knowing the machine makes all the difference in the world!! If you have problems, look here and these guys can definately help. Whatever you do, read tips and tricks, humongus info there, and don't get discouraged-we're always here! U need to get u an 1/16 carving bit to do rasters with. The 1/8 is the cutting bit.
    Last edited by badger2424; 05-29-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    Love to Make the sawdust, But I sure Hate to clean it up.
    U can't find Success unless you have the patience to hang around long enough to find it!!!!
    Website isn't carving related but a good place to buy a auto:
    www.hcautos.com

Quote Originally Posted by badger2424 View Post
    bill, hope everything works out! I got mine about the same way and things were a little less than perfect. Don't know if it was driver error or machine at the start, but knowing the machine makes all the difference in the world!! If you have problems, look here and these guys can definately help. Whatever you do, read tips and tricks, humongus info there, and don't get discouraged-we're always here! U need to get u an 1/16 carving bit to do rasters with. The 1/8 is the cutting bit.
    Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement, yes I've been doing a lot of forum surfing and 1/16 bit on the way! I think I got the basics of the machine, well at least to a degree, but now while I am waiting on the bits got to get into the software end... Thanks again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123