Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting encounter with WoodCraft

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    That is a real shame the sales guy was like that. I'd take the extra drive and go to sears where you can get better warrenty.

CJ
    Sears hasn't sold new machine for some time now.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by ntdiver View Post
    A simple reply to point out that all Canadians have healthcare unlike the US where approximately 50 million folks don't. Unlike the "ChiComs" we voted to ensure that it stays that way.
    I'm thinking this might be spam, but on the other hand I'm inclined to respond...I wonder how many of those 50,000 are truly legal Americans and how many could work and get their own insurance but don't because it's just to easy not to. I could go on...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I'm thinking this might be spam, but on the other hand I'm inclined to respond...I wonder how many of those 50,000 are truly legal Americans and how many could work and get their own insurance but don't because it's just to easy not to. I could go on...
    I pay hundreds a month for insurance for my family. When my kids finish college I have no doubt they will go without insurance until they have settled into a good job with benefits. We are legal born in the USA hispanics who are lucky to have found jobs where we have insurance as an option. Many, many Americans do not have that luxury. How many CW owners trying to make a living off of wordworking passion could ever afford to pay premiums offered to small businesses or single payers? Our health care system is broke and expecting people to just figure it out for themselves, this is not the American way.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

P.S. I know this is not a political forum but I didn't Start this.

Quote Originally Posted by gregsolano View Post
    I pay hundreds a month for insurance for my family. When my kids finish college I have no doubt they will go without insurance until they have settled into a good job with benefits. We are legal born in the USA hispanics who are lucky to have found jobs where we have insurance as an option. Many, many Americans do not have that luxury. How many CW owners trying to make a living off of wordworking passion could ever afford to pay premiums offered to small businesses or single payers? Our health care system is broke and expecting people to just figure it out for themselves, this is not the American way.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

P.S. I know this is not a political forum but I didn't Start this.
    I fully agree. It's broke! My two oldest are in the same boat. My 18 yr old will be soon just as I was at that age. It needs to be fixed, not taken over!! My fault for continuing this spammers post.

My fault for continuing this spammers post.
    I'm no so sure - Rearden's a newbie with a warped sense of humor like me, and he happened to light a fire under Doug in BC with his Chi Com comment.

That said, let's not make this a political platform....personally, I'm sick and tired of people confusing rights with entitlements. And if you think our system's a mess, there are some horror stories from our friends up North that will curl your hair.

I won't go on, I promise......
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    I'm no so sure - Rearden's a newbie with a warped sense of humor like me, and he happened to light a fire under Doug in BC with his Chi Com comment.

That said, let's not make this a political platform....personally, I'm sick and tired of people confusing rights with entitlements. And if you think our system's a mess, there are some horror stories from our friends up North that will curl your hair.

OK... my two pennies........
    The old sayin'... our system may be bad, but it's the best we've got just doesn't really cut it. Kinda like saying "other than that Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?" It's bad because we let it get that way. If we could all get on the same health plan that our U.S. Leaders & Congressmen are on we'd all be OK. Course they're exempt from being on our health system. "Nuff Said" : )
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post

My bad, Rearden did start it. I talked to him yesterday and he had me laughing so hard! He's a hoot and I can already tell going to do a lot of "stirring" on this forum.

OK, it's not spam but it has turned political-so back to Woodcraft. Most General tools are made in China (I heard the same factory as Grizzly, but unconfirmed) and I had a General 24" sander that I felt lucky to sell. In general, General is overpriced for what you get. We all know that the CW is built 'OVER THERE' but generally the quality is monitored by the fine folks in Texas.
    Now, Festool-that's another subject. Fine tools if you can afford them. I have 3 myself, and they just purrrrr.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

I wonder how many of the 50 million are just like you and me, over worked and living the dream as the GOP strives to reduce the last safety nets we have and the Arts, we all just can't make up our own silly TV shows and go rouge pointing a steel finger of righteousness.

Brandon

Brandon, Dude......

If it weren't for the GOP, you'd be sitting around drinking vodka till you couldn't see straight, calling everyone Comrade.

'Course, if that's what you want....
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast