Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New 3/16 carving bit

Default New 3/16 carving bit

So I'm wondering what you veteran carvers think about this new BIG BIT(3/16 carving). It seem to me it will be allot more wear and tear on the machine.

I'm personaly afraid to try it untill I get some positive feedback.

I already always use "best" setting to make things easier on the motors etc., but maybe I have nothing to fear? as I've yet to have any problems. Just wondering what you all think.

I know it works wonders on large projects. It took a piece that normally took about 8 hours to carve down to about 2 hours. It drastically reduced the carving time on that project, which was shown on the emailed newsletter.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

I've used them, and they work great. I've also broke a couple, but thats another story....

Looks like a handy tool for some big projects. I'll be watching Amazon for availability, as the bits they offer are $10 cheaper with no shipping charge.

I think Amazon only has no shipping charge for over $25 for stuff from their store. If they are selling stuff from other providers they charge. I got bits there a while ago and don't remember, but I just got sleeves for my Dremmel contour sander and shipping was about $10. Post it here when or If they show up there.
    Clint

I'm just wondering if the veterans got the chance to test it out and what they think. I think its a great idea if it works.
    Using 1.178

Fill me in, it this 3/16 a tapered bit like our carving bit or is it just a flat bottom 3/16 end mill? And is it used in place of the regular 1/4 tapered carving bit?

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    I think Amazon only has no shipping charge for over $25 for stuff from their store. If they are selling stuff from other providers they charge. I got bits there a while ago and don't remember, but I just got sleeves for my Dremmel contour sander and shipping was about $10. Post it here when or If they show up there.
    Clint
    I've bought from Amazon and speak from experience. Check it out: http://www.amazon.com/CarveWright-BC...bxgy_hi_text_b Ships and sold by Amazon. $29.99 qualifies for free shipping. Why would you buy from LHR?

Thanks Dick B thats an eye opener. It just bothers me that LHR sells to Amazon and Amazon sells for the price that they do and we cant get that price when we buy from LHR.
    Using 1.178

Hi CJ it's a ballnose made to cut down carve time on large projects. They claim it can knock 6 hours off an 8 hour carve. seems like it would stress other parts of the machine to me but I'm still not sure what the Carvewright is realy capable of so maybe not an issue?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast