Thread: error code 2

Default error code 2

1.5 hrs into a 4.5hr carve on my new machine I get a fatel error 2 some thing about a debug then reboot machine. What caused this error,what is this error about and did I lose the carve I was working on?Help PLEASEEEEEEE!
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by woodchip View Post
    1.5 hrs into a 4.5hr carve on my new machine I get a fatel error 2 some thing about a debug then reboot machine. What caused this error,what is this error about and did I lose the carve I was working on?Help PLEASEEEEEEE!
    Don
    Hello Don,

What version of the software are you using...and...is your memory card flashed with the same (matching) version?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

sorry it took so long to get back.. I'm using 1.178.
    Don

sorry it took so long to get back.. I'm using 1.178.
    Don
    Ok - good you are using the latest version (I assume the card is flashed with the same).

You could try reformatting the card (just guessing here). If that doesn't solve the problem, you may want to call CarveWright Tech Support to see if they have other ideas for things to do/check.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Thanks Mike, That worked.. I need to go to work now but need to ask one more newby question, is there any way to use the quick change carving bit with the new carve tight?I check for reply after work(approx 5am). thanks again.
    Don

Thanks Mike, That worked.. I need to go to work now but need to ask one more newby question, is there any way to use the quick change carving bit with the new carve tight?I check for reply after work(approx 5am). thanks again.
    Don
    Hi Don,

Glad that worked for you! Lucky guess on my part.

As far as using the qc carving bit in the CarveTight...Unfortunately, it is not recommended as the carving and cutting bits need to have a special pressed on sleeve for safe operation with the CarveTight spindle. There is a little more detail regarding this in the Tips & Tricks ISSUE 29 April 2010 – Announcing the CarveTight
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!