Thread: Tribute,Friendship,Family

Default Tribute,Friendship,Family

Just kind of thinking out loud, since I'm sure at the conference the closeness friendship and kindness (often on the forum people say family) of this group will shine through to people just starting out or passer-bys and guests.So since this conference will go on year after year I think at the very lest we should give family that has passed, some kind of mention that has passed in the pass year (AJK,TONY,LON/POPPY) I'm sure there may be more. Maybe a table with a picture of something they did with the machine. Maybe a card that could be signed by everyone there then sent to the family.Think of the impact that would have.If this machine stays around for a while and these conferences keep going on a lot of us may face the same thing.Think what that would mean to your family just to be recognize by the people you spent so much time with. Lets hear some more ideas so we can at least do something. If its a matter of money I'm sure there would not be any problem coming up with donations each year for a table or the extra it would cost just to be mentioned.May be part of becoming a carveoholic is you get a automatic inclusion if something unforeseen happens. Sorry to be so long winded

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

2. Default

Its a great idea, Thank you for thinking of it.

You have my vote.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

I'm in too.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

I like the idea. If only each and everyone of us had a good picture of yourself on your profile then maybe we could do something like I did for a friend of mine who lost his 30 year old son just last fall. The cost really isn't that much either, a little lumber, a peice of acrylic or corian and a few lights. I think I have right around $20 in this one shown. Just a thought.

CJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2341.JPG  
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Thanks for contributing this idea to the family conscience Ed. It would seem possible to sign a card, scan the whole as a page and then vector cut those signatures on a plaque to send to the user's Family with a little Tribute message on top. If we can pull this all together I'd be honored to contribute the wood and time to carve and finish them as I'm sure others would be as well. We have far more talented designers here than myself but let me know if and how I can help.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers