Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error code E-49-0320

Default Error code E-49-0320

when measuring the board my machine doesn't stop at the end of board , then gives me this error, any thoughts?

Thanks Steven

Wow.. New one....

Using the Option key on the keypad and Sensor Data, scroll down to the Board Sensor and with a piece of white copy paper on the board and cranked down what is the number.... A 156 is GOOD..... 90 bad...

Next scroll up to the Rollers and crank the head up and down and watch Compressed and Released.... If it sticks than that can cause this...

Could be your TOOL TALKER is turned on in the setup menu and waiting for something.... That is a WAG.... Wild AL Guess...

Start there and let us know.... Could be a bunch after that... Bad Card, Reformat Card, Bad Computer, Bad Power Supply... So many possibilities... Just need more info...

You can always call me... I am in the shop until Midnight Eastern tonight and 10 AM tomorrow...till Midnight... Number is on the bottom of my webpage...

IS the board TOOOOOOO Thin..... 1/2 inch will work but give problems... 3/4 is better.... 3/8 will do this stop thing... Too Thin.... Need a Carrier board... and Select PROJECT not BOARD for the Cut Path... Project = thickness in Designer... BOARD = Sled Board and Thin board.... A NO NO....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by mercer57 View Post
    when measuring the board my machine doesn't stop at the end of board , then gives me this error, any thoughts?

Thanks Steven
    Define “doesn’t stop at the end of the board”. Does it spit the board out? How thick is the board? Check to see if your rollers are compressed or released. Go to the control panel, hit “0”, “7” and down arrow. That should display the roller status. If the front or back roller doesn’t release after the board passes under it the CW doesn’t detect the end of the board.

Default Error Codes

Quote Originally Posted by mercer57 View Post
    Thanks Steven
    Here is a link to the Error Code list:
    http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb...List_10_10.pdf

It would appear that your stock is lifting (moving away) from the brass roller. Probably due to the stock not having proper support as it travels thru the machine . I presume that you know that the bottom of the stock is flat or has masking tape to improve normal contact with the Brass roller.

On longer boards that over extend the machine we suggest additional roller supports. This avoids the tilt (camphor) that can develop when the stock could otherwise act as a lever.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Hey Bud,

I am not familiar with the term "camphor" other than the smelly stuff that is used in mothballs. Can you point me in the right direction of the definition as it relates to the context of describing a board tilt?? Thanks!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hey Bud,

I am not familiar with the term "camphor" other than the smelly stuff that is used in mothballs. Can you point me in the right direction of the definition as it relates to the context of describing a board tilt?? Thanks!
    Michael,
    I suppose that I just coined or misused the word "camphor", as I can not fine as similar meaning either.
    What I'm speaking of is the lever or cam action that the un-supported long stock produces as its center point leaves the table and pressure rollers.
    Perhaps I should just use "lever action"!
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Michael,
    I suppose that I just coined or misused the word "camphor", as I can not fine as similar meaning either.
    What I'm speaking of is the lever or cam action that the un-supported long stock produces as its center point leaves the table and pressure rollers.
    Perhaps I should just use "lever action"!
    AskBud
    Thanks, Bud for the explanation. Thought maybe I was going to learn a new term! One thought that occurred to me was you meant "chamfer", but that doesn't fit the "board tilt analogy" either, since that refers to a beveled edge. So, I guess just saying "board tilt" is clear enough.

Thanks again for checking!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Cantilever Stress or Strain ---- hmmmm
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

In any case, we've stressed that outboard roller support tends to avoid the lever action possible with un-supported stock!
    askBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    In any case, we've stressed that outboard roller support tends to avoid the lever action possible with un-supported stock!
    askBud
    So true. However, not a lot of good specific info to go on. Perhaps Steven could provide some more details (or call AL or Bud directly - either will know the right questions to ask and help with a solution). The Aux Roller not tracking properly could be anything from a cold shop (leading to a head pressure problem) to a ding under the board edge that travels over the roller, warp, cup, rubber O-ring off, etc., etc. Hard to say at this point. Most likely it is a simple solution, though.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast