Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did that Forum name come from????

I started a temporary job, to get me thru college, with Pacific Bell in '61. I was one of the first in computerized switching in '68. In the mid 70s we started using mini computers ( not room size, only large refrigerator size) to monitor the computerized switches remotely. We needed a login, so I used my first 2 initials and the start of my loooong last name - cestout. My father's friends used to call him stout, and he was a little, and I was getting that way. 40 years later I retired from that temp job still using that login and to this day - since I am old a senile - I still do. I change passwords depending on the level of security needed. My login for the store is the same but the password for the store is my secure one. If anyone is ever in Hyde park NY, my family ancestral home is there and the family cemetery with some Revolutionary War solders with my last name.
    Clint

Well, I don't remember how it came about or even have a cool story to go along with it, but Lynn is my middle name and FRWD is an abbreviated version of Friendswood, the town that I live in.

Connie
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Um... mine is my name....

Many years ago I brought home my first PC. That was way back when my kid was a teenager. The two of us used to compete with the games I had on it. Of course we had to put our names on the scores. When I signed it dad, it somehow frustrated my boy. I started signing deolman - short for the old man. Once I started signing that way it turned into a friendly rivalry between us. Since then he has (affectionately ?) called me deolman. When I started joining forums, the name followed me.

Mine is my name (initials and last name). I am a member of so many different woodworker forums that I could never keep track of all the different user names. Some of them require that you use your real name (i.e. Sawmillcreek).

John

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Some of the Old Timer's might remember when I first Logged on to the Forum as (Doc)
    It was a nickname I was given years ago while an Army Medic -- soon there were several (Doc's and Ken's) on the forum
    So I switched to (Kenm810) which was the first part of my call sign while I was into Shortwave and CB radios 40 years ago,
    and now it has remained my CW Forum Name for the last 4 years.

Ps. I'm the Guy on the Right!
    so I finally get to put a face on the Obie Kanobie Ken810 ! cool beans!
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

My last name is Narmore. I dont really like putting my name out there much and since dyslexia rears its head sometimes i thought "eromran" was appropriate.
    One word i have always got right was "racecar" same forward as it is backwards.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Served as a Captain aboard the Stone Mountain Park Side Wheel Packet Riverboat Scarlett O'Hara wearing the uniform in my avatar and the name tag reading "Captain Bruce." It just kind of followed me from there (plus having retired at that rank from the Navy). Easier than having people misspell my name all my life. I should have just given in and changed it to McKinney or Kenney or MacKinnon years ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scarlett_0069.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	978.6 KB 
ID:	43590

Bringing back another 150 mariners from a safe and enjoyable 20 minute cruise.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Mine's first initial & first 4 of my surname. Been the same on the net since the mid 80's. I do change my avatar once in a while as I get older......time for a new one, I guess.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Don't Know about that Paul,
    I kinda like seeing someone else with a stash
    under his nose the same color as mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pkunk with CW Card Ready to Go.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast