Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did that Forum name come from????

Default Where did that Forum name come from????

We all wonder where "one of those" Forum names came from - it's often what we don't expect.

So, here's the thread to "clear the confusion".

I'll start.......

We live on a place south of town - got some acreage with it.

Kansas is typically flat as a pancake, but our's is set on a high hill that gives us a pretty good view (for Kansas, remember?)

When the LOML and I saw the place for the first time, I asked her what she thought.

She said "It's cooler 'n shi*!"

Hence, cnsranch.

Now you know.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

lol

Good one Jerry. Love the true meaning behind the name.

Mine is fairly simple, but does have a hidden meaning.

First initial, last name.

Also, I was quite a bit bigger than the others growing up, (height wise), and the kids used to call me a tower...
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Mine's real exciting also! First initial, middle initial and last name. It's the username that I've been using since back in the Compuserve days. Remember those? Command line, text pages. No WWW. 110 baud. (That's not 110K baud) <insert smiley here>
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

The first half of mine is easy: my first name. The second part actually is a nod to my dad. When I got him set up and using a computer, he added a 'wbbs' to his user name. It stands for 'Worlds Biggest Bull Sh*!er'. So, out of respect for my dear old dad, I started to use 'sbbs'. Stands for 'Second Biggest Bull Sh*!er'. See, now THATS respect for my elder!

5. Default

No real mystery.. Name of my business, which comes from the fact that there is an abandoned limestone quarry on our property Quarry Designs...

www.quarrydesignswoodworking.com

Oh, why on earth do I want to admit, I must be out of my mind.
    Well, My last 2 years on the job I worked with guys, and gals, that were way younger than me. In fact some had mothers younger than me. Anyway, they gave the ole man the name of Big D. Then one day the guys were talking about vasectomy. Me having had one told this young fellow it was nothing. So, I told him my story which goes like this, a short version. While on the birthing contraption and lying on my back. Feeliing the tugging etc. I decided to look up and see what the heck was going on. As I looked up and saw this curtain across my mid section, I noticed smoke coming up from the other side of this curtain and the doctor bent over behind the curtain. My first thought was, "what the heck is this guy doing smoking a cigarette down there why he is doing this job". AS I was about to say something a little unkind, I came to my senses and realized he was not smoking, but that it was me that was smoking.(Being Cauterized) At that moment I decided I should probably just go ahead and put my head back down and just close my eyes.
    Hence the guys decided to change my name from "Big D" to "Smoken D"

And you guys thought it had something to do with woodworking?

Simple also with a connection back to my Dad. He is Fred W Harris and signed off or tagged most items with FWHarris. Me being Floyd just fell into place....
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Digitalwoodshop.... I dreamed of getting a Laser Engraver since I had seen my first in south LA in 94 at a American Woodworking Show.... The Epilog Laser Guy put my Navy ID on a piece of Wood the same size.... He was doing Business cards or what ever you wanted...

It made a for a little humor when I would show it to the San Diego Base Gate Guard, usually a Marine to gain access to the base. Telling him I was so Old I had a wooden Navy ID Card... Most saw the humor.... some NOT... I would have my plastic ID ready....

So fast forward to Philly... I was working at the Sony Service Center and started dreaming of having a Laser Engraver.... Bought my first as a trade in.... Decided to start the Business... Searched Domain Names... Digitalwoodshop.com looked like the winner.... It was avaliable... Wanted to sleep on it... Next night I went back with my Credit Card and to my surprise it was taken.... And a place holder with a not that it was available for something like $5K.... Don't remember... Someone had seen my search.... A Dumpster diver or ??

So then it became Pocono Digital Woodshop.... And I signed up that night..... Digitalwoodshop was available as a AOL user name so that is where I stuck with it... A search of Digitalwoodshop will bring up many pages... I am a posting FOOL.... And use digitalwoodshop in many forums... You could write a book about me for as much info is out there in Cyber Space..... The most Humorous are the Sea Stories I posted to the USS Buchanan Yahoo group the last ship I was on.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.....

And the AL Who.... When I called LHR one time and said it was AL digitalwoodshop... The Tech said AL WHO??? I thought that was funny.... When I called LHR today the Tech Robert said He had followed my posts.... Looks like I have finally made it.....

In my dreams....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 04-11-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

My AKA. What you don't believe me? Okay I lied, I didn't know what I was doing when I completed the app for the site. Man you guys are tough! Now the truth is out!!!
    Gary Koval,
    AKA- Gary Koval
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Some of the Old Timer's might remember when I first Logged on to the Forum as (Doc)
    It was a nickname I was given years ago while an Army Medic -- soon there were several (Doc's and Ken's) on the forum
    So I switched to (Kenm810) which was the first part of my call sign while I was into Shortwave and CB radios 40 years ago,
    and now it has remained my CW Forum Name for the last 4 years.

Ps. I'm the Guy on the Right!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kenm810 2011.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 04-12-2011 at 09:51 AM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast