Thread: Z-AXIS STALL, Err E06-303

Default Z-AXIS STALL, Err E06-303

Hello World!
    I just did a carve yesterday and started one today. While about 1/3 into the carve, the machine shuts down and I get a Z- Axis Stall , Err E06-303 , press Stop Message. After doing so, re-enter project and that is all that I get, the sme message. Now what and where do I check? This act like something major. I press buttons on the key pad and nothing happens, what do I do next? If anyone can help, Please.

Smooth4 dougmil4@cavtel.net

Look for a broken wire in the big FFC Flat Cable.

Dust inside the encoder

Encoder wheel moving on the shaft.

Reformat your card too.... And load the project again.

Are you using dust collection? Is is grounded?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

What is the temp of your shop? I do believe I got the same error message when my shop was only like 55°, but after I got the machine up to about 70° it carved the entire project with no errors. Just my 2¢ worth.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

A few more thoughts.....

Wood Chips in the belt.

Dust on the Z Rails in the middle between the bearings.

Screws on the Z Belt loose... Have seen that a few times with refurbished Z Trucks... Screws installed but never tightened... Had one myself and seen a few posted.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Mine is just moody! Really, one day it wouldn't find the cutting bit until the temp was up above 50 and the last couple of days I've had no problems and it has been in the high 30s to low 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    What is the temp of your shop? I do believe I got the same error message when my shop was only like 55°, but after I got the machine up to about 70° it carved the entire project with no errors. Just my 2¢ worth.

CJ
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.