Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Make Your Own ER11 Spindle

Default ER11 conversion with scanning probe

My ER11 Spindle conversion with scanning probe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwVY4jzAC8 The conversion was done by Dan...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Received my 3/16 carbide carving bit today... With shipping it cost $ 6.45 ... See it in action... Does a really nice job... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DLxp9Is3fs
    Last edited by ktjwilliams; 05-16-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: bad link

can't open it ,its saying a duplicate video
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Sorry about that,,, I copied the link wrong .... Here's the right one.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBpscfD1wGw

Has anybody made an ER spindle? I spent time and money researching the ER spindle idea long after I had made my own. I went to the effort of trying to explain how I did it. (In another thread "ER11 spindle conversion - details") It is such a good thing, I do not understand. Is anybody planning to make one?

I luv mine !!! I was just given a metal lathe and some cutters for it,,, Now I am gonna order a couple of those chinese ER11 And a ER20 ... Want one big one for 1/2 bits... Dan, This is really good, I made a jig out of some pvc pipe and a cap so that all bits are at the same depth.. Couldn't slide this jig over anything other then the ER11.. Just another benifit.. I don't need to change bits during the initial homing since all the bits are set the same... Not to mention how smooth everything works and how quiet it is due to its light weight and small size... Great creation Dan,, The flexibility,, and those ER's from china R only $ 10 - 15 ... and American made collets (won't trust a china collet) R only $ 8 ea.... Ya only need 3,, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4... Folks need to get with it on this...

Default Button button whose got the button?

Kevin you will appreciate this. A button. So nice not to need that second wrench on the flat above the nut.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails button1.JPG   button2.JPG  

LG likes this.

Berger, I'm very enthralled with this conversion. I've swallowed every detail of your detail instructions and hope you will offer some design details on the "button" as i think this a real topper to a fine job well done. Appreciate your efforts and willingness to help us all out. Joe
    Plea of Insanity for Addiction to ol' H-D Sporters

Won't that drilled spot on the spindle throw off the balance, unless it's drilled all the way through and perfectly centered?
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast