Thread: Stored Compucarve

Default Stored Compucarve

I have my Compucarve in storage for over two years. It has its plastic cover over it and was kept in one of my bedrooms. I used it a few times before storage and I always cleaned it out after each use.
    Now I am planning to start using it again, but wondering if there is anything I need to do to this machine before using it? Is there areas I need to lubricate?
    I have been updating the Designer software each time it became available.
    Thanks!

Since it has been in a controlled environment you should not have to many issues but it would not hurt to lube the flex shaft, Z and Y rails and corner posts. Also do a check on your head pressure..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

That sounds good but in the last years flex shaft needs new lube type , chain lube with MOLEY ,ck for lube instuctions.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Since it has been in a controlled environment you should not have to many issues but it would not hurt to lube the flex shaft, Z and Y rails and corner posts. Also do a check on your head pressure..
    How do I check on my head pressure?

A Bath Room scale is what most folks have been using,
    I picked up one that fit the machine fine, $12.00 at Meijers.
    I check my Roller Pressure very 3 or 4 carving. -- 85lbs would be just about perfect.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

So I just put the scale into the Carvewright and lower the head until it start clicking and see what the weight (pressure) read? This is a new one to me!

Quote Originally Posted by MrFTAMan View Post
    So I just put the scale into the Carvewright and lower the head until it start clicking and see what the weight (pressure) read? This is a new one to me!
    Hello,

Here is a link you may find helpful. It's where you can download documents that describe a variety of techniques for maintaining your machine - including measuring head pressure, etc.

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm

Also, the Tips & Tricks ISSUE 4 January 2008 (plus several others issues) have tips for maintaining your machine, as well. The link to all the Tips Newsletters is below my signature. Hope that helps you get going again - trouble free!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thank you guys for your info on this matter. I am looking forward getting back into this hobby.