Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rose Motif Serving Tray - Project of the Month April 2011

Very romantic finish to your tray! Lovely job as usual!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Jerry,

The acrylic paints I use are just the standard craft hobby paints that you get at any craft/artist supply store in the 2 oz. bottles. You can get some with the pearlization medium in them and you can also get the medium to be added to any paint. I did some searching on Sharon's interference paint and the pearlization paint. The "Golden" is the brand name and I think you can also get just the interference medium.

Pearlized & Iridescent: Vivid pearl base colors with a shimmering effect especially when viewed in direct light. Work best over Opaque White or Opaque Black. Iridescent Colors have a shift from a lighter hue on direct views to a dark hue on side-cast views.

GOLDEN Interference Acrylic colors offer a unique "interference flip." When viewed from different perspectives, Interference colors flip between a bright opalescent color and its complement. When applied over white or lighter surfaces, the Interference color is less obvious and the "flip" effect is more obvious. When applied over black or darker surfaces, the Interference color is more obvious and the "flip" effect is less obvious. The Color Travel (C.T.) Interference colors offer not just one "flip", but multiple tones between two points on a spectrum. Interference Acrylic colors offer artists a range of reflective properties and interplay with light. Interference colors are relatively transparent, allowing artists the ability to glaze with unique effects. Enhance landscapes with Interference Blue or Interference Green. Add life to wildlife artwork with Interference Red or Interference Violet. Combine Interference colors with small amounts of color to achieve unique color ranges. Add gels for impasto effects or thin with mediums for glazing applications. Add a very small amount of black to Interference colors to produce deeper, richer, opalescent effects.

The GOLDEN Iridescent colors achieve their reflective properties by synthetically reproducing several natural phenomena - the nacreous, or pearlescent, qualities found in fish scales or the dust of a butterfly's wing, and the shiny and reflective qualities found in certain metals and minerals.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Sharon,
    Beautiful job! The help and info on this forum is PRICELESS!
    Roger

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234