Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question withh Shop Vac

magz Guest

Default kit available

is there a kit or a place to find a way to make one?

Deleted (last) post.

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 03-29-2011 at 10:06 AM.

maybe to fix the static is to wrap a small chain or wire around the hose and let it touch the ground. this concept is used on trucks in different job enviroments.
    Last edited by mrtaz; 03-26-2011 at 04:41 PM.

4. Default

Ike, you are certainly right, there is more than one way to do most things. I think we are just relating our experiences just like you are. Just because those experience are a little different doesn't mean anyone is wrong or a lying. Just means their experience was different, that's all. If we look at both our experiences I guess we can conclude that craftsman vacs out perform Ridgid vacs by about 6 to 1. Doesn't mean either of us was fibbing.
    Last edited by TerryT; 03-26-2011 at 06:15 PM.

5. Default

Ike,
    I apologize if I offended you. No offense was meant. Certainly everyone has their own methods of work and the bottom line is that whatever works for you is what you should do. I think my comments were meant only as a general observation that many people find shop vacs to be risky. However, if your experience is different, then that is great. But for one who has not yet committed to a certain path, it would be hard to advise them to go down a road that others have had issues with. No one is telling you that what you are doing is wrong. It is only wrong if it creates problems. If you have no problems, then you are not doing anything wrong. My experiences are different than yours. And so, for me, since I have had my electronics fried by a shop vac, I feel compelled to inform others of my experience. But at the end of the day, we all have to make the choices that work best for us.
    Frederick Potter
    Editions by Frederick
    http://www.editionsbyfrederick.com

Keep 98% of the dust out of your machine with this free dust collector:
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...e-final-answer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12