Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh no...Another Newbie

Yeah, let them say what they want but aren't Candy Stores fun . . .
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

2. Default

Well, first night back home after my fall. Boy I feel like 3 400lb guys has used me as a trampoline today.
    I just wanted to say thanks to lynnfrwd for all the help and great support. Can't wait to get my machine up and running.
    I have watched EVERY video and read a couple hundred pages of manuals and hints & tips pages so far
    and now I'm playing with the demo of the pattern editor, lol.

So far the only flaw I have found with all this is I have three projects that are stuck in my head, and no machine to use to
    get them out of there, YET. lol

Oh, and thanks everyone for the support and comments, it means a lot when your laid up and can't do anything.

Charlie

Charlie,

Get your rest and healing done now while you are waiting for the machine to get there. You will need it!!! And great job on reading up on as much as you can. It will pay dividends I am sure..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Go get 'em, Charlie.

If you want, you can always post your mpc's here and we'll take a look if you like before you carve them - I do that quite often - you'd be surprised how much wood you can save by doing that.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Charlie,

I'd heartily second Jerry's comment. This Forum is like having a neighborhood full of other CarveWright users who are willing to stop over and help us Newbies look over a project from every angle before we even commit it to the memory card and hack up a piece of fine wood (or plain old Pine; sorry Lawrence I know that word makes you choke a bit). This family of skilled carvers are the most important accessory any user can add to the CarveWright. Get well soon Charlie.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

6. Default

Playing with pattern editor, and need help. How do you merge your own text to an older or demo pattern.

Here is what I mean. I want to put the name of my shop on the wings of the USN logo demo pattern, and the US Flag behind that Logo.

I hope that makes since.

Default Layering

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavyvet View Post
    Playing with pattern editor, and need help. How do you merge your own text to an older or demo pattern.

Here is what I mean. I want to put the name of my shop on the wings of the USN logo demo pattern, and the US Flag behind that Logo.

I hope that makes since.
    I think you want to do "Layering".
    Here is a Tip & Trick link: http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb...icks_Oct07.pdf

If you, also, drop down to my "Download link, below, you'll find all sorts of lessons listed and links to a spate of other very valuable sites.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

8. Default

Charlie,

Make sure you have someone to help you move and setup your machine. It is heavy and with a injured back already it could slow you down alot.

Default Lube the Flex shaft

Recently, one or two folks have neglected to lubricate the Flex Shaft with chain lube containing Moly, before using the unit. One had the Flex cover melt and had to buy a new one before he could continue carving.

Any Auto store should have, or get it for you. I use Liquid Wrench Industrial Chain Lube with Moly. My canister has a SKU # of 78698 12071, and says "Part NO" L716.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

10. Default

Thanks for the comments guys, and yes I have someone who is going to move it into the shop for me. Just got off the phone with lynnfrwd and my machine is being shipped today, ya.

Charlie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast