Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new

1. Default

thanks alot that helps.. i guess the patterens i am trying to get to look better are eather two small in pixals or just to small... might have to just buy the ones that are close to what i want from pattern deperment. guess i will try a differnt try of carve... trying to do like a plaque with like miliraty logo and badges. might have to try something differnt for now.... but thanks for the help.... also i did see the machine option like skeeterman said. but when i went there it would not go back to the main window after setting the option. so i shut off the machine. was i spoust to wait and not touch anything or did i do right???

Quote Originally Posted by grimm9066 View Post
    thanks alot that helps.. i guess the patterens i am trying to get to look better are eather two small in pixals or just to small... might have to just buy the ones that are close to what i want from pattern deperment. guess i will try a differnt try of carve... trying to do like a plaque with like miliraty logo and badges. might have to try something differnt for now.... but thanks for the help.... also i did see the machine option like skeeterman said. but when i went there it would not go back to the main window after setting the option. so i shut off the machine. was i spoust to wait and not touch anything or did i do right???
    Grimm,
    What we're all saying, is that you set the quality as you "Upload" the project to the card.
    Once you select and accept the setting the PC completes the Upload process. This quality setting applies to the raster carves in particular.
    There is nothing you need to do , extra, as you place the card in the carver and begin that part of the process.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

One thing that I think may not have been mentioned is the machine will carve exactly what it gets in...so make sure your "pattern" is of a high resolution to start with. That may be why it is giving you a low quality carve no matter the quality setting.

Trash in is trash out!

You should have better luck with the patterns provided on the PatternDepot by our pattern vendors.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Hello,

Welcome! As you may have already gathered, you do not need to make any quality setting at the machine for carving. You can leave it at whatever it is...makes no difference as far as running projects. The key to achieving great quality is "great patterns" and specifying the quality setting when you actually upload to your memory card, as already mentioned. (Not the quality setting at the machine itself - that's for specific machine-only functions - not for running projects from the memory card.)

Please do read through the Tips & Tricks as soon as possible...especially the Dec '07 and Jan '08 issues to start with. (I usually mention to new users that they shouldn't even turn on their machine until they've read those ones!) The link to the Tips & Tricks articles are below my signature. Lots of useful info that you will need to know for maximum enjoyment/minimum hassle as you are learning about your machine and software.

We're here for you if you have any questions not already answered in the Tips and here on the forum (or if you can't find the answers, just ask again!). Another thing I'll sometimes mention to new users...if you aren't sure of what you're doing - STOP - then check with the forum for an answer before proceeding.
    Everyone wants you to understand and have fun with your machine. We're just a "click" away!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

thanks alot that helps.. i guess the patterns i am trying to get to look better are either two small in pixels or just to small... might have to just buy the ones that are close to what i want from pattern department. guess i will try a different try of carve... trying to do like a plaque with like military logo and badges. might have to try something different for now....
    To help us determine if the design quality you are trying to carve is part of the problem, can you post your design here?
    Also what service branch do you want to carve for? Perhaps one of us can share an appropriate design to give you the basics of a good carve. There are some free designs here for just about every Service. Let us know and don't get discouraged too early. We were all there once.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

6. Default

ok i will check out the tips secoing as well.. and again thanks alot for the help.. i was thinking it was the patterens i was trying to use that i found on the internet but was not sure... and capt bruce to answer your question trying all the brances and to include the Air Force Academy logo as well... and most of the logos i found were at like the 240x240 . i did find one of the air force academy one that was at 1000x959. have not tryed carving that one yet... doing more reading before i do more.... it is i get really excited seeing what should come out of the machine and then seeing what i get really upsets me.. going to read tips but was woundering if anyone knew how to do say like coaster for drinks on the machine no pattern in it or anything just the coaster itself. how to make the are to cut ad to care into so it is recessed. tryiong to make circles in circles one that is like .25 inches smaller then the outer but the inner being recessed in and carved out from the rest of the circle.

7. Default

going to read tips but was woundering if anyone knew how to do say like coaster for drinks on the machine no pattern in it or anything just the coaster itself. how to make the are to cut ad to care into so it is recessed. tryiong to make circles in circles one that is like .25 inches smaller then the outer but the inner being recessed in and carved out from the rest of the circle.
    Look here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...light=coasters

If you read and follow the Jan 2008 Tips & Tricks it will get you well on the road to making good carvings.

And as other have said:
    1.The design software is very faithful to what the end result will look like. i.e. if it looks bad in designer it will look bad on the board.
    2. Developing patterns is not just a simple cut and paste operation so to start out I would suggest downloading patterns from the forum (but some of them are not the best either) or purchasing some. I've had good and bad luck with purchased patterns but mostly they have been good.
    3. Remember this is a complex machine. Don't get frustrated and keep up the cleaning/maintenance.

Most important; Have fun!
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Default Coasters

ok i will check out the tips secoing as well.. and again thanks alot for the help.. i was thinking it was the patterens i was trying to use that i found on the internet but was not sure... and capt bruce to answer your question trying all the brances and to include the Air Force Academy logo as well... and most of the logos i found were at like the 240x240 . i did find one of the air force academy one that was at 1000x959. have not tryed carving that one yet... doing more reading before i do more.... it is i get really excited seeing what should come out of the machine and then seeing what i get really upsets me.. going to read tips but was woundering if anyone knew how to do say like coaster for drinks on the machine no pattern in it or anything just the coaster itself. how to make the are to cut ad to care into so it is recessed. tryiong to make circles in circles one that is like .25 inches smaller then the outer but the inner being recessed in and carved out from the rest of the circle.
    Here is a quick and dirty Coaster. Note that all I used is the 1/8" cutting bit. The recess is made using the "Drill" Icon/function rather than the carve Area. The design is such that I will use an actual board 3/4 x 24" x 5.5".
    AskBud

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plain coasters.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	43501 Plain coasters.mpc
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Chin up,,, you will get to understand the machine... There's is a pattern sharing section on this forum, some R good, some R not , but there free... Look at em in the designer software, see how they were put together, manipulate the ones U can to see what's goin on..
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast