Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new

One thing that has not been mentioned is the pictures with the jpg extension lose information when they are saved as a compressed file. You and I most likely will not see a problem but the Carvewright will. Even converting it to the preferred format of png does not correct the problem. The Carvewright will try to carve what it sees and consequently the quality turns out pretty poor. Do a search on "jpg" or "png" and you will finds lots of info. (Don't forget the quotes when searching.)

2. Default

i thank everyone that has help and posted info to me.. i have not tryed to do much as i have been doing more and more reading.. do not want to get to mad at machine and give up on it after spending the money i have to get it. i was talking to a firned i work with that does a difffent type of business but he told me about a diffent type of pictures that are vector art. does anyone know if that type of pic file would work good for woodcarving and even litho's.

Default Try a litho

If you feel frustrated and think you have made a mistake by getting a CW, get a piece of 1/4" corian or cast acrylic and carve a favorite picture. If you do not fall in love with the machine with that, you are way too angry/frustrated.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

4. Default

i have had to stop and read more before getting to the point of regreting getting this machine. i have seen the work you all have done and i know it has to be something i am doing so i am reading as much as i can before trying any more of the carvings

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123