Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new

1. Default new

hello all.. i just bought one of the carve wright machines this past weekend.. looking forward to getting it here and set up... so i can start playing with it...

2. Default

Welcome to the family! Can't wait to see where your imagination takes you!
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.
    Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

FATAL ERROR! SYSTEM HALTED! - Press any key to do nothing...

Some people have a way with words, others not have way.
    CarveSpot Forum

Congradulations and welcome! While you are waiting for the machine one good tip,

READ

tips and tricks newsletters

CW Maintenance procedures

and as much as you can of the forum topics.

Happy carving!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Make this project one of your first carves...

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

5. Default

thanks for the help. but i am getting to the point where i am about to give up. i have not made the dust hood yet. but i have been trying to get some carving done and no matter what i do i keep seeing the quality at normal no matter what i do. i have told it to go for best on image and bit optimization and still it always says normal quality. what am i doing wrong. cause it is upseting me if i can not get them to come out better going to give up and be really pissed i spent the money and it does not work or make things as good as i have seen on the sight... if it is just the dust cool.. if not i need to know what is wrong and how to fix it.

When you upload your mpc on the card did you set the quality there?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by grimm9066 View Post
    thanks for the help. but i am getting to the point where i am about to give up. i have not made the dust hood yet. but i have been trying to get some carving done and no matter what i do i keep seeing the quality at normal no matter what i do. i have told it to go for best on image and bit optimization and still it always says normal quality. what am i doing wrong. cause it is upseting me if i can not get them to come out better going to give up and be really pissed i spent the money and it does not work or make things as good as i have seen on the sight... if it is just the dust cool.. if not i need to know what is wrong and how to fix it.

You can set the carve quality on your machine. Turn it on with the card in place and hit options (number 0 ) and the carve quality should be the first to show up. You can scroll thru draft, normal, best and optimal. Set it for optimal if that is what you are looking for.

8. Default

ok i have not tryed setting the machine. i will give that a try and on the other i set it before uploading is there something on the upload page also to set the quality? thank you all for the help i will give it all a try... and i will post on how it goes as well... again thank you all...

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by grimm9066 View Post
    ok i have not tryed setting the machine. i will give that a try and on the other i set it before uploading is there something on the upload page also to set the quality? thank you all for the help i will give it all a try... and i will post on how it goes as well... again thank you all...
    Yes you set quality during the upload of the project to the card. See photo. Take note that you will see the time to carve increase with higher quality.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setting quality of carve.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	43239

Default Using Optimal setting

Hello Grimm,
    The "Optimal" setting requires the least sanding, however, it takes longer to carve.
    I think the extra machine time is well worth the eliminated bench work.
    AskBudClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Optimal setting.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	43243
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv