Thread: Home built airplane

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

For improved cut quality like I posted earlier. Use double stick tape or build a Vacuum Jig with replacement tops with holes drilled for each .mpc and saved to use again. The Advantage of not using Tabs or Cut Path and using tape or a Vacuum Jig is that you can use the 1/16 inch End Mill bit for the design without tabs or Cut Path. The Tape or Vacuum Jig will hold loose parts. Once you have your design done in 1/16 inch select the whole project to be cut and select the 1/4 inch bull nose bit and set the depth to the usual .3. What this will do is slow down the feed rate on your cut for a smoother edge finish. Using Tape on the Brass Roller of your Carrier Board or Jig ensures the Rack and Pinion Action of the Brass Roller to bottom of the board. A X Direction Error and you end up with a broken bit.

When you use the Cut Path Feature you will see the Feed Rate of Slow doing turns then FAST on long runs.... The Faster Feed Rate does not leave as clean of an edge and is more stressful on the bit. Using my method learned from Lynn locks the feed rate into 1st gear... A function I would love to see added as a function of the Cut Path Depth of Cut Screen.... Lock in 1st GEAR.... You can't do it now with a Cut Path.

If you design a vacuum sled with replacement tops pre drilled with holes to hold the parts based on your .mpc, include a Vacuum Switch in the setup to open the cover circuit and stop the machine if vacuum is lost wired in series with the cover switch. I will use a RCA Jack and Shorting Plug when the Jig is not in use.

Good Luck... This is Exciting.... Great Project...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 04-27-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com