Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutting motor Stops

Default Cutting motor Stops

I was cutting a pattern when I noticed the high pitch of the cutting motor started to change like the motor RPMs were changing. Finally the motor stopped completely however the truck continued accross the board just like it was cutting. That is until I got an axis error.
    I checked the forum here and attempted to check all the usual answers. Everything seemed fine so I took the cutting motor out, opened it up and cleaned it. I also cleaned the brushes then replaced the motor. The motor worked fine and I finished the project.

Not the end of story:
    Next project the same thing occurred. Now the motor wont even engage during set up.
    I turned the bit by hand several times then after the "load bit" function the motor attempted to turn slowely and I would get a check cutting motor error, or a RPM sensor error.

I need help. My thought was to try replacing the RPM chip, but I don't know where to go to purchase one.

Can I get some Ideas???

I would check out the cut motor brushes first..

When I took the motor apart I removed the brushes hit them on some slight sandpaper and whiped them off.... they seemed to be fine, they were about 1/2" thick

could be the cover switch then " far right"

Nope, I disabled them a long time ago. I checked them.

I would check the brushes one more time to make sure the contacts are clean, barring that you could remove the motor and test it.

Ok well I will give it another try, I don't see a lot of other responces ha ha ha.... and it did work the first time for a short while

Ok, I cleaned the brushes and copper again used a soft sandpaper and WD40
    It's up and working again (For Now)
    Where can I but some new brushes for it, anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny49 View Post
    Ok, I cleaned the brushes and copper again used a soft sandpaper and WD40
    It's up and working again (For Now)
    Where can I but some new brushes for it, anybody know?
    You will need to order them from LHR....
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    You will need to order them from LHR....
    And make up a wish list of anything else you need and order everything at the same time. Get your money's worth from that high shipping charge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast