Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cut Motor

Ethel, Washington, United States, 112781828734724, Ethel, Washington

Well I got this figured out finally. It was the micro switch that cuts the motor. The cover would close and activate the switch, ( but just barely) but as soon as the truck started moving, the motion was enough to pop the swich. I now have it running.. Thanks to everyone for their help and ideas.. I really do appreciate it..

Thumbs up

Good JOB !!!!!

At least it was not EXPENSIVE......

Soap box Mode : Everyone needs to know that when the top cover is removed from the machine and carried to a table top that if you don't support the clear cover you can damage the switches.

There is NO Mechanical Stop built into the Clear Plastic cover.... HEY... The First improvement for the "D" Series CW.... We should start a Thread and give US input this time....

Mold a mechanical Stop into the clear plastic cover so it cannot OVER EXTEND and PUSH the Switches back on the mounting screws.....

Watch... The Clear cover can PUSH the switches back and that will give you THIS Problem..... It sometimes Crack the Screw Holes....

AL END Soap Box Mode....

What is HE doing up past 2 AM..... Doesn't he have a life?.

I packed up 22 packages of requested samples to kick the bushes for more orders... With this weekend work, I have sold more in the first Quarter this year that all of last year.... I have 55 open work folders... 22 were requesting samples..... So I can close them for now...
    Two big Checks showed up finally so I can order more supplies....
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-22-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I have occasional issues with the smaller cover switch. I took it apart and cleaned it out once already. I've thought a few times about replacing the two cover switches with one magnetic reed switch (no dust problems!) and having that switch control a relay under the CW which will control both the cut motor and the cover sensor circuit. I think the switches currently used in the CW are not adequate for the dust and vibration. And added bonus would be the elimination of the wires which can get in the way of the truck when it slides to the right.

I think you are on to something.... Sealed Magnetic Reed Switches.... I remember seeing some heavy duty Reed Switches that can handle the power and current of the cut motor... That would eliminate the 2 relays... But the standard alarm contact or component REED Switch would not handle the current or voltage of the cut motor and would melt.... That is why you mentioned running RELAYS as you understand this stuff... I just post this so someone not knowing about Voltage and Current in the Cut Motor would not just wire in a Radio Shack Door Alarm Reed Switch into the circuit.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Agreed, the smaller reed switches will not handle the power. And my thought was to have one 2 pole relay which could control both the high and low voltage circuits. That would eliminate the possibility of one cover switch failing and not the other. It would be quite possible to use two switches of proper rating as you say, however, and eliminate the relay.

Man that be nice to be able to do this keep it up guys your sure on to something

Henry
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12