Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the world of Carve Wright

1. Default

New to all this and was looking for cost of convention 2011 in huston was unable to locate it

Quote Originally Posted by snowghost52 View Post
    New to all this and was looking for cost of convention 2011 in huston was unable to locate it
    $200 before may 1, then $250. Limited to 180 attendees.

Purchase from online store.

Welcome to CW!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Smile

Sorry you went through this situation Marc,

I'd recommend trying any auto parts stores in your area as probably the best source for the spray chain lube with Moly. Like yourself I smoked a shaft through not keeping it sufficiently lubed and that expensive little error cost me both the part and the time down from carving. With some time to kill and no carving I went back through all the Forum posts and found what seemed like the best of the advice and tips.

Got an empty full size coffee can with it's plastic lid. Pulled out the old flex shaft core and coiled it in the can bottom. Soaked the shaft with spray lube in a generous puddle in the can. The theory is that the shaft being stretched somewhat in the coil opens the windings enough to really let the oil soak into the bundle. Next day I wiped it down and let it hang over the can to get rid of any excess by dripping for a day. Then finally flexed and wiped it down one more time and reinstalled it with the cleaned spring casing. My new shaft is currently soaking in the can until I cycle them out. I've recorded the machine hours at soaking on a piece of tape on the can.

Since I gave it that treatment it has not even felt warm to the touch in over 80+ hours of carving with some projects that carved 10+ hours. Regardless of the felt temperature I'll switch between the two flex shaft cores at about 100 hours just to clean them and keep the situation cool. Hope this may help others who want to keep their machines humming.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

4. Default

well...with the lube purchased and up and running...now a new wrinkle...I'm getting frequent 'power flucuations' errors. Seems that this is a recurring problem (along with others). Sorry to be so cynical....but, for this kind of money, one would think that these issues would be worked out by R&D. This machine is brand spankin new and I'm a bit discouraged by the down time. I don't run it hard, have it on its own plug in, keep it clean and it feels like a lemon. I'll call carvewright tomorrow. I'm not good a mechanical repairs and don't appreciate having to perform them, that why I didn't purchase a used machine. sheesh...no breaks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12