Thread: Cool build in plastic from Scatter Lee

Default Cool build in plastic from Scatter Lee

Here is a cool build thread off the Telecaster forum.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/2011-tdpr...ge-thread.html

Now that's ingenuity! Looking forward to watching the progress.... neato bandito!

WOW..... Over on Sawmill Creek I got in on a Big Buy of Flame Polishers from China... They have done it twice.... It takes water and breaks it down into H and O. The Micro Flame is made of the H and is designed for making Jewelry and doing Flame Polishing Acrylic... None of the Burning problems of Naphtha, Propane and the others..... I have never fired it up yet.... But that Puppy would get a real workout on this project.... I wonder if he even knows of a Flame Polisher?

I got a Chunk of Acrylic like that from Sony when they were Scrapping a Computer Monitor Conveyor Line that moved to Mexico... It was 1 inch thick and 3 x 3 feet..... A Calibration Jig.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Scatter Lee is really creative, he looked at the CW a few years ago but the QC issues and bad press sunk that boat.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 03-18-2011 at 02:52 AM.

5. Default

Wow, thanks for posting this. I bookmarked that thread and will be checking back often.

Darn you LG,
    Read the whole thread and now I'm hooked on his build and will have to keep following the thread through his completion. Just amazing!

So when are we going to see you craft a clear violin?
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

I been wanting make a violin in plastic but until I find some in a dumpster it will be a wile.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 03-18-2011 at 03:03 PM.

I've always wanted to learn guitar, but I'll be honest. I don't have the patience, nor the dexterity to do much more than type and find my mouth with a spoon. But this... ...this build... ...it is quite amazing.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Since I was forced to retire due to health, I have been working on learning guitar. My dad played. My uncle played. I grew up listening to them go at all hours of the night. Just never had the time, or so I told myself, to learn. Now, I'm doing just that. I suck, but I don't care. It's for me, not anyone else.
    Thats one reason I LOVE seeing what LG builds. Just to be able to strum a few chords on one of those baby's, just for five minutes.... sigh... maybe someday....

LG, nice thread! Scatter's efforts provide quite a bit of fresh insight, including techniques on finishing cast acrylic, the creative use of a router bit in a drill press, the value of dumpster diving (a quick check on eBay shows that he pulled at $200+ chunk of acrylic from the trash!), and that Telecaster fanatics are quite humorous!