Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will this conference do for me

Default What will this conference do for me

Gentlement,
    Not sure where to ask this. My Wife and I would both like to attend (from Reno) but before I spend $400 on this + airfair + hotel + food, have they had one of these before? Was it worth the $ (info wise)? Also, is this just about the basics of this machine or will I get some good info on importing and working on designs and how to use the program that came with this thing? It has to be worthwhile for the $ it will cost.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Gentlement,
    Not sure where to ask this. My Wife and I would both like to attend (from Reno) but before I spend $400 on this + airfair + hotel + food, have they had one of these before? Was it worth the $ (info wise)? Also, is this just about the basics of this machine or will I get some good info on importing and working on designs and how to use the program that came with this thing? It has to be worthwhile for the $ it will cost.

Dave
    Dave is that $400.00 for both of you including round trip? I ask because if I can go living in Susanville, I will be using Reno to fly.

Dave here is agenda,

This is the Preliminary Agenda for the CW Conference on May 12 & 13, 2011:

Registration

Keynote Address -Chris Lovchik, CEO & Co-Founder of LHR Technologies

Newbie Workshops:
    Introduction to LHR, CW & CNC
    CW Project Designer Basic Features
    CW Project Designer Advanced Features
    CW Machine & Accessories
    Preparing & Carving a Project
    Scanning & Importing Basics
    Proper Care & Maintenance

Carvoholics Workshops:
    Project Designer & 3rd Party Software
    Advanced Importing with DXF & STL Importers
    Creative Finishing Techniques
    Texturing & Dimensional Sign-making
    The Business of Carving
    Various Non-wood Materials & Their Use
    Machine Troubleshooting & Basic Repair

LHR Facility Tour

Evening Event

Show & Tell Arena -Bring your projects to show and please include a one paragraph or page description.

Special Conference Pricing will be available for attendees.

Ike

Ike,
    The $400 is for the two of us to registure, then, it is plus airfair, hotel and meals, so this trip is well over a grand. That is why I ask the question. I understand what it says the agenda is. I want to know if it will be worth my while past the basics that most of us already know. I need to know and uderstand the computer end when I import and edit stuff way better than the basics that I can learn reading the stuff in the internet on this.
    Dave

Oh sorry, yep you should be able to find all you need in the tips and tricks. I am sure Michael Tyler will be there and he would help you?

Ike

Ike,
    Well yes, I am trying to find out if I will learn more than what I get from Tips and Tricks.

I will be up in Susanville next week ish putting an engine into Doc Blevins L29.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Ike,
    Well yes, I am trying to find out if I will learn more than what I get from Tips and Tricks.

I will be up in Susanville next week ish putting an engine into Doc Blevins L29.

Dave
    Hey if you like maybe we can meet and go out and get something to eat? I will PM you with my phone number! I live not far from Doc Blevins up the road if I remember correctly he lives in Janesville and his office was up the road from me on Richmond Rd.

Ike

Sorry for late reply I ate dinner!
    Last edited by Ike; 03-16-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Dave this is the first one they will have.

Will it be worth the money? Only the person attending, asking questions will be able to say. Can a two day course make anyone a professional? Not likely.

Can two days networking with people that do want to learn and have experience in thier own area of woodworking help? I would say yes.

I would guess to say if your looking at a specific item in nature maybe drop them LHR a line and let them know you will be attending and will have specific questions in nature. They then might be able to be prepared to be ready to help you then.

The networking alone meeting with other members in person is in my opinion worth more than the cost of the event itself.

But to answer your question, I dont think anyone could except you after the event.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

It would be Great if some of the stuff makes YouTube... The tour would be priceless to me....

As I mentioned to Lynn that I am toooo Busy with the Fire Tag stuff and Tooooo Wide for a single Airline seat..... LOL.... Would need to buy 2 seets..... I saw recently that a Jumbo Jet was brought back to the Gate to get more Seat Belt Extenders..... LOL.....

That Seat Belt that they use for the Safety Demo is also used to extend the seat belt for guys like me...

AL too Wide...
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-17-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Badger, Ike,

Thanks for your comments and yes the networking may be worth the price. Sorry did not get back sooner but was out of town. Ike, will find out schedule on
    Thursday as to when I will be in Susanville. Will get back to you then.

Dave

Would be absolutely awesome if some of it could make you tube or even webcast over a private server for a fee. I can't make it to Texas but I'd be willing to pay to see the seminars and speakers via webcast. Another idea might be to bring the seminars to Canada too for us up here in the north, eh...
    Just a couple of my thoughts.

Joyce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast