Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Workshops & Preliminary Agenda

Thanks Robboz4,

I'll see if there is an easy way to download videos to a DVD(s) while we're still there or at least shortly after the Conference to pass along. I've only recently switched to digital after years of analog recording so not up to speed with this newer format. We'll talk more.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

One issue to resolve as i understand it is everyone must sign a release form to be filmed.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Do you have a list of registered attendees that we would be able to get? It would be nice to see who is attending and from where.
    J.E. "Gene" Young, Sr.
    Allthingswood
    1929 Hughes Drive SW
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    CarveWright Start U Team Member

If anyone is flying in to Hobby from DFW late Wednesday nite, I have a car reserved and would be willing to share.
    J.E. "Gene" Young, Sr.
    Allthingswood
    1929 Hughes Drive SW
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    CarveWright Start U Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by AllThingsWood View Post
    Do you have a list of registered attendees that we would be able to get? It would be nice to see who is attending and from where.
    Hello Gene,

On the surface, that sounds like a fun idea, however...I don't think that's going to be available - privacy issues. LHR would have to contact every person and likely get written permission in order to post a list like that publicly (or privately). I know I would not be too keen on a vendor posting my intention to attend a conference on a website (or sending my name and travel plans to people I don't know personally) without my permission.

Nothing prevents folks volunteering to let their intentions known, though! For example: I, Michael Tyler, will be attending!
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 04-07-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Of course you are attending Mike! You are a guest speaker, in case you didn't know....

LOL

Gene,

I personally don't have a list of all the people attending, and we would not post something like that because of privacy issues. I can tell you though, that the conference is an international thing now, as we do have a person from Canada that will be joining us.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

I intend to register and attend, but I have to wait and see what happens here in the next few weeks. Without getting into a political discussion, I work for the Government so you may understand my reasons for delay.

Anyone staying at the hotel where the Conf is being held? If so, how much is it per night? The way gasoline is now (and may get worse) it might be cheaper for me to fly to Houston from Dallas and maybe stay at same hotel or bum a ride with someone. Just sayin'..........
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    I intend to register and attend, but I have to wait and see what happens here in the next few weeks. Without getting into a political discussion, I work for the Government so you may understand my reasons for delay.
    Of course we understand your reasons for delay! And good job keeping this non-political... We would hate for you guys to start bickering about politics on a woodworking forum...

I do hope that you get to attend though. There's gonna be lots of valuable information from a lot of people, not to mention the tour of our facilities. You get to see where the Carvewright magic happens!
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    Anyone staying at the hotel where the Conf is being held? If so, how much is it per night? The way gasoline is now (and may get worse) it might be cheaper for me to fly to Houston from Dallas and maybe stay at same hotel or bum a ride with someone. Just sayin'..........
    Hey Jerry,

There is actually a deal for the people for the CW conference at the hotel. Just mention Carvewright, and the room price is $99 a night. You can find more information at here.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast