Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Workshops & Preliminary Agenda

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Workshops & Preliminary Agenda

CarveWright Conference 2011 Agenda - Thursday May 12, 2011

8:30 AM Registration & Continental Breakfast

9:00 AM Welcome and Introduction

10:00 AM Newbie Session: Project Designer Software Part I with Connie Ratisseau
    Carvoholic Session: P.E. with Coach Jeff Birt (Get into Shape with Pattern Editor)

10:45 AM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

11:15 AM Newbie Session: CW Machine & Accessories with Connie Ratisseau
    Carvoholic Session: Project Designer & 3rd Party Software with Michael Tyler

12:00 PM Keynote Address Luncheon with Chris Lovchik, CEO & Co-Founder of LHR Technologies
    Italian Buffet Lunch

1:15 PM Machine Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Basic Repair Part I with Chris Rawls

2:45 PM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

3:15 PM Machine Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Basic Repair Part II with Chris Rawls

4:45 PM Travel to LHR Facility for Tour and BBQ in the Courtyard

8:00 PM Optional Event: Kemah Boardwalk with "Rock the Dock"
    free live musical concert, shops, restaurants, bars, carnival games & rides.

CarveWright Conference 2011 Agenda - Friday, May 13, 2011

8:30 AM Registration & Continental Breakfast

9:00 AM Newbie Session: Project Designer Software Part II with Joe Lovchik
    Carvoholic Session: Advanced Importing of DXF & STL with Michael Tyler

10:00 AM Newbie Session: P.E. with Coach Jeff Birt (Get Started with Pattern Editor)
    Carvoholic Session: "I Didn't Know Designer Could Do That!" with Joe Lovchik

10:45 PM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

11:15 AM The Business of Carving with Jason Allen

12:00 PM South of the Border Lunch Buffet

1:15 PM Texturing & Dimensional Sign-making with Doug Haffner

2:15 PM Various Non-Wood Materials with Jason Allen

3:00 PM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

3:30 PM Creative Finishing Techniques with Doug Haffner

4:30 PM Question & Answer Session with LHR & Presenters

7:30 PM Optional Event: "The Main Event"
    for bowling, pool tables, laser tag, games, cash bar & fun times.

Transportation to LHR & Optional Events is not provided by LHR. If you need a ride, do not hesitate to ask! There are plenty of vehicles with extra seats so no one needs to be left behind.

Most attendees selected a Combination of Workshop Levels, so we are trying to make sure everyone has an opportunity to get the information they need. Therefore, in the mornings, you can choose between Newbie or Carvoholic level workshops. We will then open the dividers for the rest of the days workshops, so everyone can be present. Room capacity for Newbie & Carvoholic workshops will be pretty evenly divided, so arrive early for the workshop that best fits your experience level.

Show & Tell Hall:

We will also have a separate location for our Show & Tell Projects, Vendor Tables, and CarveWright Store. Bring your projects along with a written description of how it was created or any other special information you wish to share. Don't forget to add your name & forum name, so we know who to pat on the back!

Be sure to thank our Sponsors for helping us with this event!

Special Conference Pricing will be available for attendees and some merchandise will be on hand.

JOIN US at CarveWright Conference 2011

This agenda is based on the current number of attendees, plus a few more. If we get a significant increase in attendees, we may need to expand into a third section and make amendments to this agenda to keep class sizes reasonable.

We are currently just over 80 attendees and so excited about the response!! There is still room for more and hope you can make that last minute decision to join in the fun and sharing of such invaluable knowledge. Remember registration rate increases to $250 on May 1st. So REGISTER NOW!
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 04-26-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: updating information
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

2. Default

I can't wait ... so many things to learn, so many questions, so much fun.

I guess for me the thing to do is wait till at least 20 folks have actually signed up. I see that there is NO refund if the show is cancelled by LHR. The $200 will be credited to you in the LHR account and not credited back to your credit card company. I didn't really like that, but guess that is the way it is now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoken D View Post
    I guess for me the thing to do is wait till at least 20 folks have actually signed up. I see that there is NO refund if the show is cancelled by LHR. The $200 will be credited to you in the LHR account and not credited back to your credit card company. I didn't really like that, but guess that is the way it is now a days.
    Is there a way to tell how many people have signed up?
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Not carved in stone, but we are planning on the workshops starting around 9:00 am and ending the day by 5 or 6 with an optional event each evening.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Default Length of workshops

Will each workshop last the entire day? Or will be be able to go to more than 1 each day?
    J.E. "Gene" Young, Sr.
    Allthingswood
    1929 Hughes Drive SW
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    CarveWright Start U Team Member

If anyone is flying in to Hobby from DFW late Wednesday nite, I have a car reserved and would be willing to share.
    J.E. "Gene" Young, Sr.
    Allthingswood
    1929 Hughes Drive SW
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Do you have a list of registered attendees that we would be able to get? It would be nice to see who is attending and from where.
    J.E. "Gene" Young, Sr.
    Allthingswood
    1929 Hughes Drive SW
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by AllThingsWood View Post
    Do you have a list of registered attendees that we would be able to get? It would be nice to see who is attending and from where.
    Hello Gene,

On the surface, that sounds like a fun idea, however...I don't think that's going to be available - privacy issues. LHR would have to contact every person and likely get written permission in order to post a list like that publicly (or privately). I know I would not be too keen on a vendor posting my intention to attend a conference on a website (or sending my name and travel plans to people I don't know personally) without my permission.

Nothing prevents folks volunteering to let their intentions known, though! For example: I, Michael Tyler, will be attending!
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 04-07-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Of course you are attending Mike! You are a guest speaker, in case you didn't know....

LOL

Gene,

I personally don't have a list of all the people attending, and we would not post something like that because of privacy issues. I can tell you though, that the conference is an international thing now, as we do have a person from Canada that will be joining us.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast