Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Transportation

I was looking at the directions from IAH and it says there are toll roads involved. Can someone give me the price and payment methods please? I hate not having the right change to give to an attendant or any loose change to throw into the automated machines.

See you all (or is it y'all ) next week.
    Cheers
    Dave

What time of day are you going to be crossing our vast city? (You will quickly determine that it NEVER ENDS not at least until you're half way to Dallas!!!)

If it is "rush hour" (7 AM to 9 AM) or (4:30 PM to 7 PM), you might could take Beltway 8 - I'm not sure what toll would be or how many booths. (It has been under construction so I'm not real sure, probably 3 or so booths, plus crossing the ship channel bridge, might cost you about $6+ total) I wouldn't take the Beltway or Hardy Toll Road, personally.

MY SUGGESTION (no matter what time of day!!): From the Airport, go West on Greens Road towards Interstate Highway 59 and head south towards Downtown Houston. Then as you get to the south side of downtown area and see the George R Brown Convention Center (White with Red things on it) - stay to the right for the 45 South exit towards Galveston. Stay on that until you get to Bay Area Blvd (Baybrook Mall) exit.

Google maps shows to take 45 all of the way, but 59 South has more lanes and moves faster. The northern portion of 45 into downtown can be bad.

Just my two cents!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks. I get in late Wednesday night and will go back early Saturday morning. I'll try to convince the mapping software to take your suggested route.

Cheers

Dave

Roger,
    I still have room in my car. Im arriving at Hobby late on wednesday evening and flying out Sat am at 6:00am. You are sure welcome to ride a long. Just let me know by email. You can contact me at supersales@q.com.
    Thanks
    J.E. "Gene" Young, Sr.
    Allthingswood
    1929 Hughes Drive SW
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    CarveWright Start U Team Member

Still haven't heard of anyone staying at the Days Inn & Suites yet. Hope to run in to someone so I can catch a ride to the workshops. Will gladly donate something for gas....... Will be arriving at Hobby Airport around 1pm on Wed and taking a cab to the hotel. See yall soon! JerryB
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    Still haven't heard of anyone staying at the Days Inn & Suites yet. Hope to run in to someone so I can catch a ride to the workshops. Will gladly donate something for gas....... Will be arriving at Hobby Airport around 1pm on Wed and taking a cab to the hotel. See yall soon! JerryB
    I looked at mapquest and I will be driving right past your hotel. I am at microtel Inn and suite, 1620 Nasa RD 1, houston tx. I would be glad to pick you up on the way if no one offers who is at the days inn. I will PM you my phone number.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    MY SUGGESTION (no matter what time of day!!): From the Airport, go West on Greens Road towards Interstate Highway 59 and head south towards Downtown Houston. Then as you get to the south side of downtown area and see the George R Brown Convention Center (White with Red things on it) - stay to the right for the 45 South exit towards Galveston. Stay on that until you get to Bay Area Blvd (Baybrook Mall) exit.
    Sorry, not GREENS Road! It should be Will Clayton Parkway.

I am attaching an overly simplified map of key locations and what is a tollway and what is not a tollway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Conference Map.pdf 
Views:	33 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	44381
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234