Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make Gears with Radial Vector Generator...

Bumping this thread. I also added to the name, so people would know what they were seeing.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I am relatively new to CW but have been doing woodworking as a hobby for over 20 years. One of the reasons I actually purchased the CW was to design and build wood clocks. Now that I have the CW I realize I have no clue how to design a clock but I am learning. This tool will come incredibly useful to me as I pursue this endeavor. Thank you.

On a side note it is sad that Microsoft abandoned all support to VB6 a long time ago. Great package.

Downloaded the software and easy to convert the svg to jpg or gif with coreldraw. Looks pretty good in designer 2. Can't wait to make some sawdust.

If you search the internet you will find many clock plans including some free ones. They may give you some ideas.

Just this morning I ran the latest version Radial vector Generator 1.5a no problem. This afternoon when I tried Windows Defender flagged it as having a trojan and removed the file from my computer. Same thing happened on my shop computer. In fact Defender (which is built into Windows 10) won't even allow a download of v1.5a now, although it will allow a download the earlier version that is posted.

Dick,

Thanks for the info. Odd. Recently I've been trying to look at the gearotic site and my antivirus has not allowed me on the site with a dire warning about a trojan virus. I wonder if there is a theme.

I can now make gears at will with blender but it would be nice to see how they work together and have a software do all the math for you on the gear ratios.

- O

Dick,

I have Windows 10 also, along with the latest Virus and Spyware definitions (version 1.241.72.0) for Windows Defender, and v1.5a doesn't indicate a threat on my workstation. I just now downloaded v1.5a, and it cleanly scanned it. Of course Windows does throw a warning when I go to run it after downloading, but it still runs. I suspect Windows Defender is seeing the "eval" function that I've embedded in the utility to interpret the script files, and throwing that as a concern, despite my setting the eval to "UseSafeSubset" of instructions, effectively putting the execution of any scripts in a "sandbox". Not sure why your Windows Defender is acting differently than mine...

Under settings of Windows Defender, there is a means to add an exclusion, but believe the file has to already be on your workstation...

R, Jon

Well, this is a mystery and a very frustrating one at that. Defender's behavior is to remove the "threat" without option, so one it decides the file is a threat it is gone, making it difficult to list it as an exception.

I disabled Defender on my older Windows 7 and reinstalled the program and that is working. So for the time being I am at least operational on one machine.

On my Windows 10 computer my Spyware definitions were a bit older (version 1.241.50.0 I believe) so I updated them. I'm still fooling around with this machine to get the program to run again - right now when I click to open the program nothing happens. At least Defender is not removing the file. But I don't know what is going on.

Default Thank you

Very nice! Thanks for posting this!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123