Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Supply Board

Default Power Supply Board

Perhaps, somboddy knows what should be the voltage between GROUND and V2 of CN3 on Power Supply PCB?
    Appreciate you info.
    Regards,
    Grzegorz

I would like to know this too. I had a SDRAM Error, which reading on here is the controller board, @$303. So I decided to check the voltages going to the controller and have 5Vdc between V1 and Ground but 0Vdc between V2 and Ground. I believe it should be 12Vdc, but could someone verify.
    Thanks.
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

Never mind, its 24Vdc. I did not have the card plugged in, but thought I could still check voltages. I guess the controller needs to see the card and the 5Vdc circuit switches the 24Vdc supply to pin V2.
    Back to a new controller card
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

Ok so what you are saying is that the controller, controls the 24v output from the power supply? Can someone verify this? I thought I found the problem with my inop servos. No voltage on the yellow wire. But if the controller controls that then it could still be the controller....

I saw your latest post just a few minutes ago but I will reply here as this has some GOOD STUFF to know......

I think what was found that 1. you must have a card in the machine so the Program is running.... The Card supplies the latest Version of Designer that also contains the operating system for the computer. I would bet that if you just turn on any machine with a card in it, that the Servo Voltage is OFF.... Only when you select a Project Menu then "A" project does the Z Axis come to life and does it's Homing thing... Then the Y Homes... So it would be likely that the Servo Voltage is OFF until the machine Homes.... I am just doing a WAG.... Wild AL Guess.... So Card in and Project Menu and select a project.... The machine should home... and Voltage 24 VDC should come on. I believe that the Controller uses 5 Volts DC and the Servo 24 VDC... Both... The 5 VDC for the LOGIC and Microprocessor Functions.... I am also willing to bet that the 5 VDC is stepped down to 3.3 VDC for the Controller Chip.... But that is a BIG WAG...... I made a little Hobby out of fixing the Sirius Orbiters that get the No Antenna Detected problem.... Slamming the Antenna Wire in the door until it Shorts out... I replace a 3.3 volt regulator chip and back in bussiness.... The OLD Orbiters were sold when Sirius needed Money BAD... And sold Lifetime Subscriptions... The last 3 Orbiters I picked up on eBay broken now work just fine... and likely have Lifetime on them.... I have 2 boom boxes playing now... they get out of sync and it sounds like a concert hall.... One on each end of the Shop. I am Rambling.... Just threw the last batch of Fire Tags into the UV Oven at 2 AM.... Got a call today at 4 PM... Meeting tomorrow, you promised the tags.... Dropped everything and pumped out $1K+ in Tags... Putting the other 4 orders I am printing on hold for a day.... Not bad for 10 hours of work.... I will finish tomorrow... I mean TODAY....

I was serious the other day, taking one 12 x 24 sheet of Plastic and turning it into $500.00+ by cutting it on the CarveWright.....

AL or at this time of night.... LA.... LOL... I Crack Myself UP....
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

How can the controller control the power supply? There are no inputs on the power supply. I will check the output when the servos are called for... But if it doesn't work... It does not verify the power supply or the controller. Because I dont know what the output signal from the processor would be to turn on the servos. The only way to verify would be for someone to verify this is in fact true. It seems to me, imho, that v2 should be 24 volts as soon as the switch is turned on and the controller turns the servos on and off rather than turn the power supply on and off.

I have to agree. I do not think the power is controlled by the controller. If I turn on the power with the card out, I still get the y and z motor resistance to manual movement. The power is on without the card.

I was taking a WAG Wild AL Guess that a Modulated Signal was being sent to the Power Supply from the Computer through the DC Power Wires.... If the Firmware Lord would chime in, that would be good.... I may just have it all wrong.... I have been wrong before.....

Time Out... Calling Firmware Lord.....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Do we really need to bother the firmware lord?! LOL This is easy enough to verify... If someone would be willing to pull the bottom of their machine... Or if someone has a spare power supply... I get nothing even when the servos are called for. Yet i can find no damage to the power board.

Try and move the carriage with the power off and with the power on. The difference is the 24V is it not? If your carriage moves just as easily with the power off as on, then I would say you have no 24V.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast