Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new user here! I can't seem to find any info on best settings to use.

1. Smile I will try to show you guys my first project again.

I guess the link to my jpg image is not working so I have uploaded it again.

Attachment 42830

Also here is the link to the carvwright page: http://forum.carvewright.com/attachm...6&d=1299457341

2. Default

Well my new CarveWright machine got dropped off the truck today. I was reading threads today when I heard the UPS truck out front so I went out the garage to recieive the package. The UPS guy took a while inside locating my item but then appeared coming out the back with a dolly truck with my beloved machine riding atop. I watched in anticipation as the truck tires got closer to the ground. Only one foot to go, I breathed a sigh of relief. Then in a split second the truck got stuck on a bolt or something and the guy jerked it to try and free it as my package tipped over landing on a corner of the box and smashing down with force right there in the street. It had so much potential for being an effortless pleasant experience but it wasn't. The only thing I could think to do as I looked on with wreathing at this idiot was to say "Hey Thats Not What I Wanted To See Happen!" and I continued to say that this is a Precision Peice of Equipment! Well I figured that that incident was probably not as bad as what goes on out of our site when it comes to delivery and the box seemed to take the impact pretty well so I signed for it and took it in.

So I had to adjust the head pressure because it had a low reading but other than that I am happy to get my new machine. After seeing the settup video I was expecting the easy release chuck but after going on the site and looking up the new carvetight spindal I now realize that the new feature is the allen wrench tightning chuck which is supposed to work better.

Tonight I am going to register the machine and tommorow I am going to do my first project. The dust collector by Fletcher http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Hey Allen, great start with the D Fletcher dust collector, glad to see your sense of dust is in the right direction. Doug did a great job designing the head and keeping the dust out of the CW is a must. Keep us posted on your needs and let us know what you're working on so we can help if possible. You're going to love what the machine can do for you! Only your imagination is the limit. Any problems, let us know. Think u're goin to love it. Tips and Tricks are something u can't live without, read and read again!!
    Last edited by badger2424; 03-13-2011 at 11:11 PM.
    Love to Make the sawdust, But I sure Hate to clean it up.
    U can't find Success unless you have the patience to hang around long enough to find it!!!!
    Website isn't carving related but a good place to buy a auto:
    www.hcautos.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12