Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What can I do with these boxes....

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    Found a good buy on two ready made boxes....$6.99 each. I would like to put a design on the tops of each lacquer box. I was thinking of an overall design, yet something that would show a lot of the lacquered top. The design that's in the first box lid is only about 1/32"deep and I thought I'd leave that and work something around it.

I was also thinking of maybe a "chip" design but have been unable to find one listed in the pattern store or here in the forum....I've really looked until my eyes crossed. What other possibilites do you think might work with these projects and yet not be over powering?

Also, do you think the lacquer will chip if I try and carve into it? Thanks for any ideas or comments.
    Attachment 42727Attachment 42730Attachment 42728Attachment 42729
    Good morning Sharon,

Did you have a chance to try the lid carvings you proposed on these two boxes? Just curious to see what you designed. Thanks
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Capt. Bruce,

Sorry, I haven't had much of a chance to work on designing anything lately. My husband has taken over the shop with a project of his own, that can't be done without my help, so my "play time" is very limited. But I'm still looking for ideas to incorporate into a design.

Thanks for getting back to us Sharon,
    The positive side of that is that you're getting to spend some time doing something together. The boxes are just waiting for that "right" design to come to you.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123