Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Other Related Forums are You Members Of?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Hey guys! I need your help in getting out the word about our Conference. If you are a member of any other woodworking related forums, please post an announcement regarding the conference. Most of them won't let me do it, since I work for LHR.

I will also contact as many related forums as I can to ask them about sponsoring our event as a Friends of CW Sponsor.

The message could say something like this:
    The first CarveWright Conference will be held in Houston TX on May 12 & 13th with workshops for both the beginner and advanced users. Guest speakers will also conduct some of the advanced classes and customer projects will be showcased. We hope to see many of you there. More details are available at www.carvewright.com.
    Thanks for your help...I can't wait to finally meet some of you.

It will cost you $25.00 per Forum....... Just kidding..... LOL....

Couldn't RESIST..... LOL....

Bad AL......

1 Down.... Sawmill Creek.
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-18-2011 at 05:23 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Hmmm, let's see...other relate-able forums that I participate in. Well there's Home Brew, 'cuz I like to play with power tools under the influence of alchohol, and there's the Roll Yer Own, 'cuz I enjoy smoking (cigarettes of course...the other stuff ain't even legal) in a fine cloud of dust and paint fumes... Just kiddin'. Like to see how many I can suck into my warped world.

Sawmill Creek
    Woodweb
    CNC Zone
    Fine Woodworking
    Signs 101
    Instructables

All good with lots of smart folks that have, or would probably appreciate the CW experience.

But you're gonna have ta go a ways to knock Home Brew off the top of my list. It's all about priorities...and I'm way long time married (think Al Bundy...only I don't sell shoes), so...drinkin' is a priority.

My first and "home" forum is the WWA
    www.woodworking.org

Unfortunately, this site appears to be dying a slow but deliberate death.

I recently began frequenting Woodnet and to a lesser extent Sawmill Creek

I read Lumberjocks and IAP as well as the woodwhisperer forum.

Man, I gotta get a life

I'll ask my mods about posting about the conference--

I'm the only CW owner that I know of on the forums I frequent, but if anyone asks about it I do speak the good and the bad about the CW as much as I can (for example, my Amazon.com review)

Speaking of amazon.com... if you haven't reviewed the CW on there, it is a very (very) common place for folks to go and look at reviews-- you don't have to buy the product from there to do a review either-- just own and use the item.

Lawrence

Hey...we've got a couple of politicians that I'd like to review. Didn't get'em from Amazon though (Craig's List maybe). Do ya think they'd mind?

Doug Haffner shared the news about CarveWright Anniversary sale price and showed off some of his Star Wars signs for Extreme Makeover - Home Edition on the Creative Signmakers of America forum on Dec. 19th & 21st. So far, three members that I know of have purchased the machine.

Awesome! Thanks, Doug!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Doug Haffner shared the news about CarveWright Anniversary sale price and showed off some of his Star Wars signs for Extreme Makeover - Home Edition on the Creative Signmakers of America forum on Dec. 19th & 21st. So far, three members that I know of have purchased the machine.

Awesome! Thanks, Doug!!
    That man could sell a freezer to an Eskimo! Great job Doug! Do you know when the Extreme Makeover will air??
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Very interesting, Connie. Some nice comments about the machine...and, some of the comments are off-base regarding the CarveWright, but...what else is new? I think the main issue has been that it is very difficult for folks to accept that they can actually do REAL CNC work with a simple, easy-to-use machine costing less than $2K. I just shake my head...little do they know. Perhaps if you raised the price to $4K or $5K people would "wake up" and realize what a great machine the CW is.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Lumberjocks
    Scrollsaw Community
    CNC Art Guild
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Very interesting, Connie. Some nice comments about the machine...and, some of the comments are off-base regarding the CarveWright, but...what else is new? I think the main issue has been that it is very difficult for folks to accept that they can actually do REAL CNC work with a simple, easy-to-use machine costing less than $2K. I just shake my head...little do they know. Perhaps if you raised the price to $4K or $5K people would "wake up" and realize what a great machine the CW is.
    That forum says they are professional signmakers. I like my CarveWright but it is a hobby and a little hobby business for me. If I were a professional signmaker I would probably select other than the CarveWright. I know some of you are indeed CarveWright signmakers, but that would be my choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast