Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Set of five violins

Thank you LG for showing your Violins. My wife's dad made Violins years ago. She thinks he made about 16 in all by hand, she has one & gave one to each of her kids plus other family member got one. I wished that I could be half as good as you are. I really enjoy what you make, keep them coming.

Really Nice stuff, and very interesting... Don't think I could get board, I really appreciate good craftsmanship... I made a couple Guitars by hand ( Band saw, Router, Etc...) Do U have any guitars patterns UR willing to share.. I do not sell.. They are for my enjoyment...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

LG, top notch, as usual! Especially impressed with the various finishes on soft maple, with nice even tones and presentation of the grain pattern. The rare times I've dealt with maple, I've always struggled with getting it to accept an even stain, but you appear to have mastered it!

Thanks guys,

JLT my process exposed.. with maple first clear coat the instrument with sanding sealer then add the color with a few drop of tint in the lacquer. I use waterbase tints from www.stewmac.com

Here is a green one close up " just sold"

Last edited by liquidguitars; 03-03-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12