Thread: 3d and photoshop CS5

Default 3d and photoshop CS5

I was playing around tonight with cs5 photoshop and it has a 3d feature. You can basically create a 3d shape from a custom shape by adding the "reprosee" feature in Photoshop under 3d...I'm sure I butchered the spelling...I enclosed a picture of something I did very quick. It will export as a obj which can then be converted to a stl. It also had a depth map feature but it didn't look like a good quality for carving...who knows maybe someone wants to play with it and figure it out. I exported the obj to 3ds max and it came into max fine..looked blocky though but I suppose you could add a mesh smooth modifer and it would be ok..didn't try.

Looks very limited in terms of 3d but if you some basic shapes in a 2d drawing program this might be the ticket...It runs slow...I am using a dell m90 with, duo core 2.2, 6gb ram and a nvidia fx1500...and still slow..#ds max runs like a clock cept for some of the rendering so who knows. digital tutors had very neat tutorial on it...cant repost the tutorial as it's a paid to learn type site.

Anyways maybe someone can look at it further and maybe it will help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shape1.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

That looks interesting John. I have Corel CS5 and will be looking into it. Thanks for sharing.
    Richard

If things improve with age, then I am
    approaching MAGNIFICENT!!

Using v.1.170

3. Default

Very interesting. I have to try that one out. Thanks!
    H. T.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Friends Don't Let Friends Use bad patterns!
    For high quality patterns please email me or check out my website at: http://carvenow.com . Thanks!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *