Thread: Tabs on a cut out

1. Default Tabs on a cut out

I am trying to mass produce legs for some candle holders and set up the cutouts of the legs. I specified to put tabs on the project but I can not see the tabs on the project. Will the tabs be there during the actual cut out? here are some pics of what I am making and the actual MPC. Does everything look ok to you experts? Am I doing something wrong with the tabs? I am putting this project on a sled but I am still worried that my cuts may be too close to the edges, are they?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	project photo.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	353.3 KB 
ID:	42581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mpc photo.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	300.1 KB 
ID:	42582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leg dimensions.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	42583

legs.mpc

The automatic tabs Designer places when you specify a cutout do not appear when the project is viewed on screen, but will be there when the project is cut. It's recommended that you don't try to cut all the way through in one pass, in case you didn't see that. Leads to broken bits. The most I will do is about .2 a pass.

3. Default

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it!

Greg

And design your project to keep 4 inches of wood under the rollers as if you don't and the board comes out from under a roller it can lift enough that the 1/8 inch cutting bit will bind and snap. $40.00 please.... to buy a new bit...

Nice peoject....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com