Thread: Breast Cancer Donation Box

Default Breast Cancer Donation Box

My wife and me are friends with a lady who is a 12 year breast cancer survivor and for several years we have let her use our property for a Memorial Day yard sale to raise funds for her 3 day walks. She has used a jar or simple box for donations so this year I thought I'd help her out and contribute this to the cause.

Little did we know my wife would also be diagnosed with breast cancer almost exactly a year ago. She has been through a few rounds of chemo, radiation and surgery, and it looks like she has it beat. I'd like to think our contributions to the cause helped her and others survive this horrible stuff. There is far too much of it.

Anyway, sorry to carry on - the box is carved from maple, I made the design for the top (vector), and the box is finished with pink acrylic paint and some spray lacquer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Donation_Box2.JPG  

Brdad, nice work, and glad to hear your wife has it beat too.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Nice box and nice idea, you're a great guy to do that for her. Even I thank you Brdad

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.