Thread: CD/DVD Case & Grain Wagon

Default CD/DVD Case & Grain Wagon

Made this for my Honey to hold her movies and her romantic music that she listens to while I'm busy thinking of my next carve project.

Also made the Grain Wagon to remember my relations Milling Company which is now a historical site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grain Wagon.JPG   CD Cab III.jpg   CD Cab II.jpg  

Great work love the seed wagon and the mood music cabinet.
    Be the change you want to see in the world!
    Richard
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nice Work!
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Two great projects. The cabinet reminds me of my grandmother's old treddle sewing cabinet (which I'm lucky enough to have)....your cabinet is a beautiful addition to any room.

Nice job, thanks for sharing with us. The wagon is really cool.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

those are both gorgeous-- great work indeed

Is the cabinet white oak? It looks like it carved well if it is (I have varying results)
    Also, I'd love to see a close up of the bottom center carve if you don't mind

Nice job,
    Lawrence

Really nice projects! I love them both and you did an outstanding job. The wagon wheels...did you make those yourself? Wondering about your process of how you got the spoke holes between the hub and the rim lined up so perfectly. (lathe indexing??)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael

Thanks Man

Yes I did handcraft them myself. The process is pretty quick. If you'll notice there is a slot cut in the hub then I simply divide the rim into how many ever spokes I need and simply drill the hole in the rim perpendicular to the hub. Drill press setup and the hub slot is the key. Pretty much self aligning.

Dvel56

Quote Originally Posted by dvel56 View Post
    Michael

Thanks Man

Yes I did handcraft them myself. The process is pretty quick. If you'll notice there is a slot cut in the hub then I simply divide the rim into how many ever spokes I need and simply drill the hole in the rim perpendicular to the hub. Drill press setup and the hub slot is the key. Pretty much self aligning.

Dvel56
    Thank you for explaining the process and inspiring us with your fine workmanship! Greatly appreciated!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Your inspiration is also appreciated
    Thanks again

Dvel56