Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanding Question

WOW those 3M discs are sweet I tried my Large ones that I use when I am Powder coating and It worked great. I am going to order some for the Dremal to get the small stuff. OH yeah did I mention I have Sanding hahaha.
    David Greer
    "Woodworking is the Illusion of Perfection"
    Shadowboxs, Kbar Holders, Sword Holders Etc.
    Find Me on Facebook
    Email Me if you need something

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Eddie,

They are a little less costly from there, too. Shows the 80-grit for only 83 cents each (minimum order of 12) - unfortunately, they also show they are out of stock on those at the moment.
    Hey MT
    Maybe there are too many CW users to handle the supply and demand of the disc, since they are so popular. (smile)
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Hey MT
    Maybe there are too many CW users to handle the supply and demand of the disc, since they are so popular. (smile)
    Eddie, you could be right!!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

lilskip, drimel makes sanding wheels that are plastic that are different grit and work great except they don't last long. And at $8 a piece I can't afford them. I've been doing some golf course signs that have a woodgrain background with alot of fuzz, and bought about 5 different sanders to get in between the groves, what I found out is I had the right tool from a drimel pack all the time. The fine wire wheel works great. I have a roto zip with a flex shaft, used the wire wheel and put the rpm at 15000, and it works as good as anything I have found yet and it hasn't worn out in 10 signs whereas the dremel sanding wheels lasted about 1 1/2 signs. But I haven't spent the $30 for a mop so I'm lost there.
    Love to Make the sawdust, But I sure Hate to clean it up.
    U can't find Success unless you have the patience to hang around long enough to find it!!!!
    Website isn't carving related but a good place to buy a auto:
    www.hcautos.com

The folks at Otto Frei were kind enough to advise me yesterday that the 3M Radial Discs I wanted were back in stock.

The item is in stock.
    #8422: 3M 3/4" Radial Bristle Discs 80 Grit Yellow
    840 item(s) in stock

They are kind enough to offer this service through their on-line site if an item is out of stock.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bruce View Post
    The folks at Otto Frei were kind enough to advise me yesterday that the 3M Radial Discs I wanted were back in stock.

The item is in stock.
    #8422: 3M 3/4" Radial Bristle Discs 80 Grit Yellow
    840 item(s) in stock

They are kind enough to offer this service through their on-line site if an item is out of stock.
    I just got my 3m disc in and they work sweet. Thanks for the Suggestion everyone. Nothing I have more than Finish Work so anything to make it easier I will welcome.
    Thanks Again
    David
    David Greer
    "Woodworking is the Illusion of Perfection"
    Shadowboxs, Kbar Holders, Sword Holders Etc.
    Find Me on Facebook
    Email Me if you need something

I've bought sanding mops from stockroomsupply.com. They have sanding mops in 6 inch, 4 inch, 1 1/2 inch and 1 inch.

Try this place Fast Delivery and great prices. http://www.widgetsupply.com/
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Default sanding

I just bought my Carvewright and made several trial patterns. The projects are rough I went to Woodcraft to get a sanding mop and they sold me a sanding star 220 grit. Will this work or do I need something else?

Use 'em if you got 'em. I'm a fan of the 3M Radial Bristle disks,the 2" size is my favorite @ 220 grit. go see Otto Frei.
    Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12