Thread: Hello and what am I forgetting?

Default Hello and what am I forgetting?

Hello all, my wife just got me the carvewright for my birthday, as well as all the attachments, and I mean ALL of them. So I have the flex shaft in lube now, I have been reading forums like mad, head pressure is checked, trucks checked and lead screws lubed. The Ringneckblues dust collector is in the mail. I have plugged it in and unlocked the machine but not carved anything, waiting for the dust collector. So what did I forget to do? Any advice would be great.

Very Respectfully,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Tao View Post
    Hello all, my wife just got me the carvewright for my birthday, as well as all the attachments, and I mean ALL of them. So I have the flex shaft in lube now, I have been reading forums like mad, head pressure is checked, trucks checked and lead screws lubed. The Ringneckblues dust collector is in the mail. I have plugged it in and unlocked the machine but not carved anything, waiting for the dust collector. So what did I forget to do? Any advice would be great.

Very Respectfully,

Joe
    Joe,

Welcome to the forum and glad you put joining on your list of things to do before carving.

I would recommend going to the tips and tricks section (link provided in my signature) and start reading. Take advantage of the ones dealing with the designer tips for getting familiar with the software and to set up projects.

Welcome aboard and thanks for ordering my DC-Insert, it is in the mail!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I would start to cut some thing . center line will not creat to much dust that can,t cleaned up with a vac later.
    have some fun with it.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Read the tips and tricks!!! they are a huge help and will help to avoid a lot of problems. I think one thing that really helped me was to spend about two days going through the trouble shooting thread. it will allow you to see the problems and mistakes that others have made so that you don't repeat them or at least you know how to fix the simple problems. Of course, always do what Al says..Use tape.

I would also check the height of the top head at all 4 corners, to be the same.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

If you haven't done so all already this is a good read.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ie-Should-Know

Thanks all, I did check the head height based on another post in troubleshooting and have read the tips and tricks. PCW, thanks I saw that thread and thats what made me think to post here. Fwharris, can't wait to get the DC. old Salt, the one who controls the money informed me that if I was going to spend that much on a new dust collection set up I could damn well wait until tuesday to make chips. Thanks again guys.