Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kept getting y stall 303 error

How many Cut Motor Hours? 450 then bad Bearings in the Y Gear box like above.

Your Cut Motor keeps going... If that hesitates it will stall.... Wires good to motor... not loose?

Sawdust in your Y Encoder like my encoder....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01476_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default Calling Al!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    CJ,

Good Job !!!!

Jim,

The Clicking is BAD Y Gear Box Bearings.....

There are 2 bearings that wear then the shaft gets thin and causes the clicking... The Stall was that while cutting going toward the bit flag it clicked then when it came back to home on the left it hit the wall too soon....

Lots of posts and pictures about the bearings.... I bought a 10 pack for about $30.00 with shipping. One member here bought the better quality with metal shields on both sides and will last longer at about 5 times the price.

AL
    What are the steps to get the gear shaft and bearing out of the plate? Does it just press out or is there something I need to remove?

I do have the C clip off of the back of the shaft.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

With the C Clip removed it just needs some gentle persuasion to get the shaft out then a center punch to get the bearings out.... My bearings went in with a slip fit. Remember there is a spacer inside the Gear Box housing so 1 bearing comes out each side.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    With the C Clip removed it just needs some gentle persuasion to get the shaft out then a center punch to get the bearings out.... My bearings went in with a slip fit. Remember there is a spacer inside the Gear Box housing so 1 bearing comes out each side.

AL
    Thanks sir!!! Thought so but needed to check for sure so I would not get it "you know what"......up!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If I understand correctly you can not order the gear box without getting the Y motor with it, but I think I saw that someone did get just the big gear. I assume that the gear does come on the shaft. If anyone has some info could you please post back????

Thanks,
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Yes, the Gear Only is available and it does have the shaft on it.... I take it yours is worn thin?....

Someday I will order a few gears as I have a few gearboxes that need it.... I need to carve some tags tonight as my end product I made the other day is 1/4 inch too long.... It was a new product..... But I have a clicking in my X.... Think I broke 1 tooth the other night....

AL

Have not pulled the shaft out (forumitis) but based on how the rear bearing looked I will bet it is. Out side of the bearing looks like it is gone. Will take some pictures when I head back to the shop.

I should of had them on my parts list while I was down there. Go figure, just like going to the store there is always that one item you totaly missed.........
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Default Shot bearings

Got the gear shaft removed.

First picture is back side bearing that is gone.

Second pic is the gear and shaft. front bearing is there but when I tried to pull it off it fell apart.

Third, both inner races are seized up on the shaft. Will see if I can find a shop to pull them off. From what I can tell the shaft does not look to bad but hard to tell until I get everything off...

Last all of the parts..

I think I've located the bearing local and will order the gear from LHR..

EDIT: Update.. checked locally and none in stock but could order them @ $6.00 each. I told the guy about the bearing deal (10 pack) and he said I might be careful with this kind of deal do to the quality of the bearings.... I did go on line and get the 10 pack but this might be worth watching to see how long they do hold out......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Y bearing 1.jpg   Y bearing 2.jpg   Y bearing 4.jpg   Y bearing 3.jpg  

Last edited by fwharris; 05-18-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12