Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kept getting y stall 303 error

Default Kept getting y stall 303 error

Turned out to be the power supply. Tried new FFC cable to no avail then the new power supply fixed it. Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by badger2424; 02-10-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    Love to Make the sawdust, But I sure Hate to clean it up.
    U can't find Success unless you have the patience to hang around long enough to find it!!!!
    Website isn't carving related but a good place to buy a auto:
    www.hcautos.com

This is good to know as there can be other Power Supply problems then just the L2.... So it is good to know that a Axis Stall can really be coming from the bad power supply.....

It would be good to know what LHR finds to be the problem with the power supply.

Good Job.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Hi Badger I'm getting the E05-0303 Y axis stall I have cleaned everthing mine starts the carve then stalls after about 1" of carving. Is yours sill going good after changing the power supply and how mch does it cost Thanks.

Jim

Jim,

I think the Power Supply is about $155.00 plus shipping.

A few more details would help from you...

How many cut motor hours? Over 250 could be a cut motor problem with short brushes. Over 500 Hours and it could be the bearings inside the Y Gear Box.

Could be sawdust inside the Y belt cogs or pulley.

Could be dust in the encoder of the Y or Z Motor.

Do you have the old 18 pin FCC Cable or the new 14 pin FCC Cable?

Could be a bad FCC Cable... That big thick cable.....

OR could be a bad Power Supply L2...

Let us know.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Thanks Al I have 450 cut hrs with new cut motor brushes Haven't checked the encoder yet. It will carve to the right then when it starts back to the left it makes a clicking sound and stalls. After trying several times it jumped about a 1/2" outside of the carve area and kept carving without stalling. I do have the new 14 pin FCC Cable? Thanks for helping

Jim

Al, question, can a cold (53°) machine cause the y axis E05-0303 to show up on the display?

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Al, the answer is YES, after warming the machine up with a light bulb to around 75° the Y axis not only moved much easier by hand (powered down) but it is carving as I type this. So temps in the room will cause it to error out.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

CJ,

Good Job !!!!

Jim,

The Clicking is BAD Y Gear Box Bearings.....

There are 2 bearings that wear then the shaft gets thin and causes the clicking... The Stall was that while cutting going toward the bit flag it clicked then when it came back to home on the left it hit the wall too soon....

Lots of posts and pictures about the bearings.... I bought a 10 pack for about $30.00 with shipping. One member here bought the better quality with metal shields on both sides and will last longer at about 5 times the price.

AL

Thanks Al It's been carving good the last few days I will pull the y motor and check the bearings. Did you get the bearings from Carvewright or somewhere else. I think I'll just replace all of the bearings after 450 hr of carving new ones would make work easer for this great machine.

Jim

I just replaced the cutting motor due to problems. It worked fine through a 8hr project, now I'm getting a Y axes stall error. I've taken the y axes drive off the maching and cleaned it and all the gears, They don't seem to be worn and seem to move freely. after reinstalling it, it starts to move and stalls right away. What should I replace first?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast