Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new website

Default new website

I saw this site when looking for some infomation on CNC's..
    http://protagonist4hire.blogspot.com...1_archive.html

Interesting use of the CW....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Yeah that guy gets an "A" for imagination.
    CWPatterns.com - Search, browse, download, all FREE!
    Spawned on 1/18/2011 - Over 700 patterns and climbing.
    This website can be used as a flotation device.
    "

Looks like he is/was having fun with his machine..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Great work but this guy must not have a real job, or doesn't sleep or have a wife.
    Love to Make the sawdust, But I sure Hate to clean it up.
    U can't find Success unless you have the patience to hang around long enough to find it!!!!
    Website isn't carving related but a good place to buy a auto:
    www.hcautos.com

Quote Originally Posted by badger2424 View Post
    Great work but this guy must not have a real job, or doesn't sleep or have a wife.
    Can it be all of the above?

My name's Shawn and that's my blog. My machine's down right now with a broken flex shaft (probably I didn't lubricate it right) but I've used it to make all sorts of weaponry from the HALO games as well as a few bits and pieces for my father's custom car projects.

Here's the two most recent creations I've started with the carvewright:

If you check out my blog, you'll see all sorts of things I've been working on.

My name's Shawn and that's my blog.
    I shawn, very cool work, and it's nice to meet ya! how long have you been 3D carving for?

Hey, Shawn! Thats some real neat work you've been doing. I hope you'll stick around here and show us more, and maybe give us some pointers on how your doing it. Love learning new stuff on the CW!
    Last edited by dougmsbbs; 02-10-2011 at 09:38 AM.

9. Default

Shawn, you are definitely a twisted dude! Nice to see I'm not the only one! You really have to get a dust collector on that puppy RIGHT NOW. Take some time to go through this forum and you won't have any more broken flex shafts and your machine will run for hundreds of hours. Keep it clean, lubricated and maintained and your little robot will serve its master for many years!
    Frederick Potter
    Editions by Frederick
    http://www.editionsbyfrederick.com

Keep 98% of the dust out of your machine with this free dust collector:
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...e-final-answer

Quote Originally Posted by dougmsbbs View Post
    Hey, Shawn! Thats some real neat work you've been doing. I hope you'll stick around here and show us more, and maybe give us some pointers on how your doing it. Love learning new stuff on the CW!
    Honestly, there's not much to tell. Once I bought the .stl importer I started finding 3D files wherever I could, converting them into stl files, and feeding them to Lopez (my CW has a name). I started with the pistol from HALO (which I found in the Google 3D warehouse) and since then I've graduated to making all sorts of things such as the helmet I posted earlier.

My favorite so far is the sniper rifle I made:

But the smallest items I've had Lopez make are the rifles for my Combat Garden Gnomes:

If you'd like one of them, I'm selling them in my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/thorssoli

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick_P View Post
    Shawn, you are definitely a twisted dude! Nice to see I'm not the only one! You really have to get a dust collector on that puppy RIGHT NOW. Take some time to go through this forum and you won't have any more broken flex shafts and your machine will run for hundreds of hours. Keep it clean, lubricated and maintained and your little robot will serve its master for many years!
    I just finished reading up on your dust collection system and damn do I need to make one of those. It's too simple! Thanks for posting about it and sharing the design.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast