Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion - Let's Clean Up Our Pattern Sharing Thread

Default Suggestion - Let's Clean Up Our Pattern Sharing Thread

What do you think if LHR would give limited administration privileges to some members of the forum to clean up the pattern sharing section? This would involve renaming files as well as posting sample images.

I'm sure we have enough members here that would volunteers to clean this area up. We could keep it all in house. There could also be a disclaimer stating ptn and mpc files could not be reposted or sold in any form. This would solve a lot of the problems we are facing.

What do you think? If I can figure out how to start a poll I will add one.

Sounds like a great idea. I'm onboard. And as you are probably aware, I already have consistent snapshots of all ptn's and will generate the mpc's in the near future.
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 02-04-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. I'm onboard. And as you are probably aware, I already have consistent snapshots of all ptn's and will generate the mpc's in the near future.
    Doug you did a great job too bad you were not given the chance to finish what you started!

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Doug you did a great job too bad you were not given the chance to finish what you started!

Ike
    It really is no big deal. It was just as much for the "challenge" to see if I could automate much of it as it was for the actual results. And to be perfectly honest, it is true if you know exactly what you are looking for, my cd/dvds are not the most effiecient.... but if you just want to browse and explore some of the wonderful stuff that other people have done... i find it a fantastic tool. And I do like the fact that it really helps me determine where any pattern orginally came from. I remember all the earlier re-share threads that started "I dont remember where I orginally got this ptn... but... here it is.....bla bla bla". With the dates, poster, links to orginal posting, and thumbnails it is pretty easy to trace things back to their origin.
    Doug Fletcher

I agree! Doug, you did a great job! To be honest, I haven't even tried the new website. I have everything Doug put together here on a CD, and I'm using it a lot. So far I haven't felt the need for more...

Douglas

Doug

I forgot all about you already having the snapshots of all the patterns from your DVD. That would make it fairly simple to organize the file that you made off site and if LHR would agree to replace the material once done there would be no need for any forum permissions. Thanks for the reminder!

Dan
    I think that is a great idea. In anything that I can help.
    Hilda

Hilda & AJK

Nice to see both of you here and I hope all is well.

Doesn't seem like there are too many people interested in organizing the thread . We will have to see if LHR is on the wagon first. I do appreciate your support and willingness to help.

With Doug's nice work on collecting the patterns as well as the images to go along with them it's a shame not to utilize his work to benefit the forum. Doug thank you for your nice work.

Who knows maybe LHR has other ideas for the future as well. I will be perfectly honest with all of you... I have not used my CW since July the 4 th 2010. I upgraded to a larger CNC and I can't even use the ptn files with the new machine so it's not as important to me as it is for some of the others here. I'm here because I have made some very good friends here and I like to keep up on what’s going on the forum as well.

Reason edited
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slantedschool.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	41900
    Last edited by PCW; 02-05-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Doug sounds good to me too.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Would it help if the Mods just deleted all the non pattern posts? I, despite my shop schedule, could handle a bunch.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast