Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather Update

Default Weather Update

Houston is being stopped dead in their tracks due to the threat of 1-4" of snow and ice. (That's 1 to 4, not 14!)

No, we haven't gotten any snow yet, but even the threat of it closes down all of our schools and businesses. Therefore, we will be working with a minimal staff tomorrow and some of us will be working from home. Try the forum first, then email and then phone calls, if you need assistance. No orders will be shipping tomorrow as UPS is closed down, as well. We will have access to process patterns and software purchases.

OK, you northerners (and that is pretty much all of you) stop laughing at us, we are just simply not prepared for this stuff! I don't even own an ice scraper and not sure that I ever have! My shovel has never picked up anything that wasn't brown like dirt or a dead squirrel.

Stay warm my friends!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Sounds like a bunch of "sissies" there. Just kidding!! I'm the BIGGEST sissy when it comes to cold weather! Lived in Phoenix, then moved to the Gulf Coast of Florida, now on the southernmost part of Coastal Geargia...I do NOT like cold weather, nor do I cope with it well either!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Houston is being stopped dead in their tracks due to the threat of 1-4" of snow and ice. (That's 1 to 4, not 14!)

No, we haven't gotten any snow yet, but even the threat of it closes down all of our schools and businesses. Therefore, we will be working with a minimal staff tomorrow and some of us will be working from home. Try the forum first, then email and then phone calls, if you need assistance. No orders will be shipping tomorrow as UPS is closed down, as well. We will have access to process patterns and software purchases.

OK, you northerners (and that is pretty much all of you) stop laughing at us, we are just simply not prepared for this stuff! I don't even own an ice scraper and not sure that I ever have! My shovel has never picked up anything that wasn't brown like dirt or a dead squirrel.

Stay warm my friends!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Now that makes me LLLOOOLLL!!! I haven't been able to stop shoveling since December!

Wells, Maine
    LeatherMan from:
    www.JustLeather.Com

Several years ago we moved down to a warmer climate in South East Michigan,
    up in North West Michigan where I'm originally from we had 10 months of Winter
    and about 4 weeks of Poor Sleding.
    Summer always came on the first weekend of August and if you had to work, -- ya missed it
    and had to wait till next year for it to come around again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Typical February Up Home.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 02-03-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Added Photo
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Ken that picture looks like here in Iowa. Our schools were out for 2 days this week. Here where I live we had 10" of snow but also had 30 to 40 mile per hour winds to go along with it. Oh Lynn I could send you an ice scaper if that would help you. Oh this morning we were -11 degrees but we have had -21 degrees already this winter with wind so wind chill is alot colder. Keep warm & safe.

Okay guys.

We got a pretty good layer of ice last night. Most of the office is out, simply because the DOT has the roads shut down because of the icy conditions. A few scragglers, myself included, managed to make it into the office, but again, as Lynn said, we are severely understaffed today. Your best bet for assistance would be the forum first, then phone calls and emails.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by atauer View Post
    Okay guys.

We got a pretty good layer of ice last night. Most of the office is out, simply because the DOT has the roads shut down because of the icy conditions. A few scragglers, myself included, managed to make it into the office, but again, as Lynn said, we are severely understaffed today. Your best bet for assistance would be the forum first, then phone calls and emails.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Glad you made it in ok. But it is so NOT worth risking life or limb to be able to answer our silly questions! Very few things are so important they cant wait a few days. Be carful on you journey back home!
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    Glad you made it in ok. But it is so NOT worth risking life or limb to be able to answer our silly questions! Very few things are so important they cant wait a few days. Be carful on you journey back home!
    I don't know why the media down here is blowing this thing out of proportion. The roads were fine when I left at 8:30 this morning. I didn't have a single problem on my way in.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by atauer View Post
    I don't know why the media down here is blowing this thing out of proportion. The roads were fine when I left at 8:30 this morning. I didn't have a single problem on my way in.

Well thats a different story then. Get to work!!! answer those phones!!!!
    Doug Fletcher

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

While I was coming in, I kept wondering why people were taking u-turns on the overpasses... It was so they could face the right direction again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast