Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you get your wood?

I Quartered the logs by making one length Wise cut then plywood it back together. Later I set up my Quartering Jig...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 02-25-2011 at 11:21 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I can only shake my head at some of the values you guys come up with. I live in a desert and I don't think sagebrush qualifies for wood. I did come across a good deal last year on oak. I picked up 360 BF for $350.00. I got 6'-7' lengths from 2" to 1' in widths all in 4/4's. I wasn't able to do much with it last year, but I will be putting in new kitchen cabinets for my wife this year. I keep my eyes open hoping and looking for a small amount of cherry, birch or walnut.

OK Al it's official,
    I want you to adopt me! That's one serious rig you've put together with your converted trailer, ramps and your band saw mill. Sheer envy here and looks like you are set to be able to really handle logs. When I had to have 2 serious Oak trees removed in my back yard the only firms I could find here in the Atlanta metro area both charged for and claimed the wood. It was all going to become firewood I'm sure, the way they chopped it up. That hurt me both ways because I hated to see the lumber go away and I had no way to process it myself.
    Enjoy your set up Sir and thanks for showing us (envy, envy). Awaiting the adoption paperwork.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

I buy my mesquite from a local sawyer and the bulk of the rest of my wood I get from Woodworker's source
    http://www.woodworkerssource.com/
    I have a local store so I pay a bit less but when I lived in San Angelo I used their shipped method and was very satisfied

Lawrence

I buy MDF from Home Depot. I'm so ashamed.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    What will I do when i retire? I dunno.....I'm 68 and can't afford to retire.
    Paul - you're doing what most of us want to do when WE retire!
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

These are the slabs from last years saw fest Hard maple. I have red oak to do now, never thought that I would find the trees that I have.
    The little ones are American cherry, just got 2 more 18"x 6' of ash, can't wait for the weather to change so I can start to cut then up.
    Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-423F.JPG   MVC-416F.JPG   MVC-415F.JPG   MVC-424F.JPG  

Last edited by Icutone2; 02-25-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: fix pics
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

So Off topic but here's the latest kitchen for a neighbor's new house. Alder with a dark cherry stain.Attachment 42504
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

dont know if its my computer or the sight but all the atachments that has been posted on this thread shows up as invalid attatchment
    steve

Check with lynnfrwd a lot of "invalid attatchment" reports have been posted for quite a while now.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast