Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't you just love the reactions?

Cool Don't you just love the reactions?

It's neat when someone walks into the house and sees a few random carvings - plaques, decorative shelves, or even just doodles - they stare in awe and look at you like you're some kind of fire-breathing wood-sculpting wizard. Even when you explain the software and show them the machine, they continue to insist that you have incredible skill, not understanding that a few mouse clicks and some sandpaper can make anyone look fairly pro.

Good stuff.
    CWPatterns.com - Search, browse, download, all FREE!
    Spawned on 1/18/2011 - Over 700 patterns and climbing.
    This website can be used as a flotation device.
    "

Like the story, Behind every successful man is his woman. In this story, behind every successful woodworker is good machinery!

I get the comment from some people "you have to much time on your hands" .
    I think everyone gets 24 hr. a day.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Yeah I get the same thing Jonny, and then they want you to build them this special project and such that has nothing to do with a carvewright. And when you try to explain to them that you're not a cabinet maker or that you don't build furniture they just look at you with that look that you're pulling their leg.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

And NEVER make the mistake of showing them LG's work.... I have dont that on a few occasions and then you get hounded with.. will you make me a guitar like that?? Then you have to spend the next three hours explaining that althought LG uses the same machine as I do (and the rest of us)... the machine is only the first step. It does the rough work... I dont possess the artistry, skill, and talent to even attempt somthing like that. I'll stick to towel holder! (note to Ike.... if I have misused the apostrophy with LG... I apoligize!)
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    Yeah I get the same thing Jonny, and then they want you to build them this special project and such that has nothing to do with a carvewright. And when you try to explain to them that you're not a cabinet maker or that you don't build furniture they just look at you with that look that you're pulling their leg.

CJ
    I've had that happen a couple of times so far. Too funny.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    And NEVER make the mistake of showing them LG's work.... I have dont that on a few occasions and then you get hounded with.. will you make me a guitar like that?? Then you have to spend the next three hours explaining that althought LG uses the same machine as I do (and the rest of us)... the machine is only the first step. It does the rough work... I dont possess the artistry, skill, and talent to even attempt somthing like that. I'll stick to towel holder! (note to Ike.... if I have misused the apostrophy with LG... I apoligize!)

Doug do you see me sticking my tongue at you!! Yes it is correct it shows it is or if you like to see an apostrophe used as a contraction "it's"... shows possession I.E. LG's work!

Of course you missed a few "contractions! Oh and some spelling too!!

One thing I love is I mostly hand rout my signs. When customers tell me they can't tell the difference between the CW carved and the hand routed, well my head swells a little more!

Ike

(Note to all I am messing with Doug in good humor and hope it is received in the same manner(manor)!)
    Last edited by Ike; 01-31-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Oh and some spelling too!!...

...Note to all I am messing with Doug in good humor and hope it is received in the same manor!
    "manner"

Sorry Ike you were wide open *grin*
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    "manner"

Lol well played! Opps......................

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    "manner"

Man... it's like High School English all over again. I would have said College English, but to be honest, most of my college days are nothing but a drunken haze.
    Doug Fletcher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast