Thread: Flower Pattern

Default Flower Pattern

I am trying to do a very simple flower pattern all with the V-bit. All it is is a circle so large carved with the v-bit, then the pedals I am trying to draw in with a spline, again carved with the v-bit.

After I draw the first pedal I can't seem to find a way to copy and rotate it very easily. I can copy it, but then when I try to do certain commands it affects the first one (the one I did the copy from).

I don't want to free hand each pedal, but the spline command doesn't seem to have a rotate like a pattern does. Just wondering if I am missing something simple or if you have any tips.

Thanks

Using only Designer I think about all you can do is create 1/4 of the flower and mirror all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron B View Post
    I am trying to do a very simple flower pattern all with the V-bit. All it is is a circle so large carved with the v-bit, then the pedals I am trying to draw in with a spline, again carved with the v-bit.

After I draw the first pedal I can't seem to find a way to copy and rotate it very easily. I can copy it, but then when I try to do certain commands it affects the first one (the one I did the copy from).

I don't want to free hand each pedal, but the spline command doesn't seem to have a rotate like a pattern does. Just wondering if I am missing something simple or if you have any tips.

Thanks
    Review the lesson titled "Rotate a connected line figure" in my "Download" link below. See if that gives you what you need.
    brdad is correct about mirroring as well.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Thanks for the help guys, guess I will just free hand them in, maybe that will give it a more authentic look anyway.

Bud, I did watch the video and that does work pretty slick but since I am just wanting to use the v-bit and not carve out the inside of the pedal it wont work for what I am doing, but it was good to watch that video. Just using the v-bit I the 'make pattern' icon never highlights to allow you to select it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron B View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, guess I will just free hand them in, maybe that will give it a more authentic look anyway.

Bud, I did watch the video and that does work pretty slick but since I am just wanting to use the v-bit and not carve out the inside of the pedal it wont work for what I am doing, but it was good to watch that video. Just using the v-bit I the 'make pattern' icon never highlights to allow you to select it.
    I think you may have missed the point of the lesson.
    You apply the carve region so you may make the pattern. Once you do that, and bring it into your design, you may rotate as you wish. After you have it in place, "outline" that pattern, delete the pattern, and you have the outline remaining.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

you are right bud, I did miss it, now that you explained it in the post above it made more sense for some reason. Went and tried it real quick and I think that will work just fine. Thanks for the help