Thread: Gunstock Question

Default Gunstock Question

I called CarveWright the other day to order a machine and was told to order it from Sears so I have. I also want to order the scan probe, but so far have not been able to get threw to CarveWright again, apparently Sears doesn't sell the accessories, anyway my question is:

If I jig a gunstock and scan it, can I add a carving to that scan in the software and then have it carve the gunstock so the depth of the carving matches the curves of the gunstock?

I carved this by hand with dremil type tools but it took me 18hours and I was hoping to use the machine (when I get it) to carve the other side.

Thank you. ~Mike
    If at first you do succeed - try to hide your astonishment.

RanUtah Guest

Default Very Nice!

You do great work Mike! Congrats!

Default Thanks

I got an email back from carvewright that told me the machine is probably capable however indexing it would be a problem at the moment and that they hope to add more to future software versions that would make this possible.

So I went a head and finished carving it by hand. Here are some pictures of it, it all still needs a fair amount of sanding.

The carvewright machine is supposed to be here the 17th and the components to build my new computer should be here Tuesday (since the software won't run on Win98se ) so hopefully I will get this all sanded and finished before I get busy building the computer and playing with the carvewright software.

Thanks ~Mike
    If at first you do succeed - try to hide your astonishment.

Nice job